15 ≫ reunited

Magsimula sa umpisa

She ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck, her legs wrapped around his waist. He caught her in an instant and hugged her as tightly as he could. It was like both of them had finally gotten the strength back that they had been missing for a week. 

Peter kissed the top of her head and whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she whispered back. It was like time had stopped for the two of them and they were in their own little world, with only each other. 

Although they were broken out of their trance by a small sniffle. They turned toward the noise to see Sam tearing up.

"Sam are you crying?" Tony asked.

"What? No...that was just the cutest damn shit I've ever seen in my life," he said and they all bursted out laughing. 

Eliza looked at Peter in the eyes and sighed in content, "Peter, you cunning, pliable, chestnut haired sun fish."

"Eliza, you poetic, noble, land-mermaid," he said. They grinned at each other and the rest of the Avengers looked at each other very confused. (a/n- it's a parks and rec reference lol)

"Oh my goodness Peter I have so much to tell you. So this whole week without you, I felt like really weak for some reason and now that you're here it's all gone and I feel a lot better," Eliza said.

"No way me too! It's so weird right?!" Peter exclaimed.

Tony and Bruce looked at each other and said at the same time, "I think we need to run some tests."

-----------------------------------

"Ok so it looks like when you guys both got bitten," Tony said, "the spider's somehow shared a connector to the brain's serotonin field, and part of the cerebellum. Which, Eliza, is probably why you have been tripping everywhere."

Eliza smiled sheepishly and Peter said, "But what does this have to do with the spider bite?"

"Basically, the spider's venom that bit you guys, is still inside of you. Which is giving you your powers. But, whenever you guys are apart from each other for long periods of time, your serotonin levels become increasingly low and you will feel weaker than usual. It also affects your ability to sleep well and gives you minor insomnia," Bruce said.

Peter said, "So basically, if we stay apart from each other we become depressed and can't sleep?"

"Yes." Tony and Bruce said.

"Ohhh. Peter," Eliza said and he turned towards her, "this makes sense, because it was like as soon as you left, a gust of air hit my eyes and they would. not. stop. watering. It was crazy, so I went to see Dr. Banner, expecting it to be allergies or something...turns out, depression."

Peter smiled at her and said, "God I missed you." 

Eliza smiled back and turned her head, trying to hide the light blush on her cheeks. 

----------------------------------

July 18th 5:30 am

After Peter and Eliza got done with the testing at around 12:30 am, they went back to Eliza's room and cuddled in her bed, talking for five hours.

"Your room looks so plain," Peter said.

"Hey! I haven't really been focusing on decorating," she said.

"Oh really? What have you been doing?" he asked.

"Umm, I-I put on my suit yesterday," she bit her lip.