19 ≫ new suit

warning: anxiety attack, language

(Eliza's POV)

"So my presumably dead dad is the guy who also killed my mom, escaped the hands of the cops twice, and now runs a gang who makes alien weapons?" I asked and everyone nodded.

"Coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool," I said. Peter's phone rang and he excused himself from the meeting to take it.

A few minutes later, he came back in and said, "Um I gotta go. I had plans to go see a movie with Liz," I looked down at the floor, "so um..."

"Bye." Mr. Stark said, not looking up from his papers. Peter smiled at me before he left and I gave him a fake smile back. He walked out the door and I sighed.

"You gotta go get him," Nat said. I shot my head up to look at her.

"Nonono."

"Yesyesyes," Nat mocked me.

I sighed once more, "You know how usually, people meet, date, then fall in love?" I asked and they all nodded, "Well I fell in love with someone I'm not even dating, and he's in love with someone else."

There was a moment of silence while a few of them gave me looks of pity.

"Wow. That was deep. chile- anyways so-" I said, getting up and walking over to the bullet hologram.

(~time skip~)

October 3rd 1:15 am

Click. Bang. Crack.

I woke up panting, drops of sweat trailing down from my temples. 

I knew what my brain was trying to do by showing me this dream, over and over again. It was trying to get me to doubt myself as Spiderwoman. But I wouldn't let it. I knew that the city was safer with me fighting the crime for them, and just because of my own problems, doesn't mean that the people of Queens have to suffer. 

I gulped back some air and threw the covers off of me. I planted my feet on floor, flinching because of its coldness. I stood up and walked over to the dresser, to put on fresh clothes.

When I got dressed, it was completely silent, except for the quiet rustling of the bushes outside my window and the quiet pattering of my feet, making their way to the door.

I turned the handle and peeked my head outside, checking to see if anyone was there. When I saw no one, I walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. The water was really refreshing, especially since my throat was dry from gasping for air.

After about ten minutes of just standing in the kitchen, looking out the window at the peaceful night, I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep, so I decided to explore the compound a little, and as quietly as possible. Even though I had been living there for three and a half months, the building was huge, and I hadn't had time to see it all.

I walked up to a door that was labeled: 'Stark's Lab'. I didn't know how I hadn't seen it before, considering it was right by the front door. I opened the door and stepped through the threshold, looking around the lab.

One wall had thirty Iron Man suits on it, strategically placed so that they could all fit. I gasped quietly when I saw a separate locked door that had two compartments, each labeled, 'Iron Spider suits'. I looked around the room some more and saw two large workbenches, a u-shaped desk with six monitors, a glass wall looking outside, and a robot that had white letters on it that said: 'DUM-E'.

"Welcome Miss. Porter," a female voice said and I jumped.

"Hello?? Hello??" I said, looking around for a person.