28 ≫ multiverse

(3rd Person POV)

"I'm Miles Morales, this is Gwen Stacy," the kid said, pointing to the girl next to him.

"Hey I'm Ben Reilly," the blond guy said.

"Mattie Franklin," the short haired gal with spider legs on her suit.

"Michael Bingham," the other dude with a bright blue and red suit.

"I am Noir. Wherever I go, the wind follows." That was the guy in a black trench coat.

"Hi, I'm Peni Parker. This is my robot best friend, my father built him," a small girl said.

"Oh I guess we're doing introductions. I'm Tom," the nervous guy said. He had a british accent.

"Ok well I guess that answers that question," Peter muttered. "Um, why are you guys here?"

There was a sizzling noise behind the group, and they all turned towards it. It was an orange circle, and coming through it a man with a red cape and a necklace around his neck.

"They're here because they fell through a portal and can't get back to their worlds," the man said simply. The group parted like the red sea, letting the man inside of the building. Tom looked a little pale at the sight of the man.

"Wait are you saying there's a multiverse?" Peter asked excitedly. "Because I thought that was just theoretical, I mean that completely changes how we understand the initial singularity, we're talking about an internal inflation system and how does that even work with all the quantum- it's insane-" Peter said really quickly, laughing a bit.

Everyone in the room stared at him. Eliza awed, "I. Love. You. So. Much."

Peter blushed and shuffled his feet, grinning at the floor.

The strange man rolled his eyes and waved a hand, causing the Avenger's dining table to disappear and become a makeshift hologram. There were many different pictures, of the ten of them, and a long golden string in the middle.

"Currently, all we know is that somehow the multiverse got messed up, causing all the spider... people? I don't know what you guys call yourself, to be scattered across both the timeline and collection of observable universes."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but who are you mister?" Miles asked.

"Doctor," he corrected.

"Mr. Doctor?" Eliza asked.

"It's Strange."

"Maybe, but who are we to judge?" Miles said.

Tom snorted and everyone looked at him. He cleared his throat, "Sorry, continue."

"Anyways, Peni Parker. You are from the year 3135. Noir, 1933. Miles Morales, Earth 1610. Gwen Stacy, Earth 65. Mattie Franklin, the third Spider Woman. Ben Reilly, Scarlet Spider. Michael Bingham, Blood Spider. Tom Holland, Earth 19999. Eliza Porter, Earth 616. Peter Parker, Earth 616. We are all on Earth 616 presently."

"Wow."

"We need to get you all back as fast as possible, before all reality collapses. All of you have to stay apart from each other, unless you want to stay in this alternate universe for the rest of your lives," Doctor Strange said.

"I have a question," Peter said.

"Please ask," Doctor strange said sarcastically.

"Um, why does he look exactly like me?" Peter pointed at Tom.

"Because I'm an actor," Tom said. "In my world, you all are fictional characters. Most of you are just in comics."

"Flattering," Mattie rolled her eyes.