21 ≫ one direction

(3rd Person POV)

October 4th 3:45 pm

That day Eliza had all of her classes, which meant that by Friday she had to complete all of her missing assignments from all of the subjects. Math, Science, English, History, and Photography.

Peter had agreed to help her with all of them, because that's what best friends do for each other.

After the school day ended, they stopped by Peter's apartment to grab a few things. They said hi to Aunt May, who bombarded Eliza with hugs, saying that she had missed her a lot because she was spending most of her time with the Avengers. 

"I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately, just been pretty busy I guess," Eliza said. May waved a hand.

"Of course, you are a superhero after all," she said. Eliza laughed nervously. Peter came out of his room with his old camera that Ben had given him and a few textbooks.

"Ok, we've got to get to work." he said, referring to the combined 53 assignments she had missing. 

"Right- um, all of my stuff is at the compound," she said while pointing behind her.

"Ok let's go then," he hiked up his backpack onto his shoulder and they each kissed May on one of her cheeks, before going out the front door and out on to the street.

They passed Delmar's Deli and stopped to get some sandwiches and snacks, to prepare for a major study session. 

"Ah Eliza! Hace tiempo que no te veo, ¿cómo estás? (Ah Eliza! Haven't seen you here in a while, how are you?)" Mr. Delmar said, smiling brightly.

"Estoy bien, lo siento, no he estado en un tiempo. (I'm doing okay, sorry i haven't been around in a while)" Eliza said.

"No need to apologize señora, what can I get you two?" Mr. Delmar asked.

"Number 3 and Number 5 please," Peter said.

"Number 5 with pickles and smooshed down flat," Eliza said, glancing at Peter. He smirked back at her, happy that she had remembered his order. 

Eliza walked over to the chips stand and got herself some gummy worms and Cheetos, and Peter some sour patch kids and Doritos. They paid for their snacks and walked down the street, their arms full of food, textbooks, and cameras.

They arrived at the Avenger's compound, waddling up to the front steps, and kicking the door open. On the couch sat Wanda, Rhodey, Steve, and Bucky.

"Hey guys...what are you doing?" Bucky asked. Peter popped his head over the stuff in his arms so you could only see his eyes and forehead.

"Homework!" He glanced at Eliza and smiled, she grinned back. Bucky watched Eliza's mood light up, just because Peter was around. It made him happy.

"Hey Steve I want to talk to you about something..." Bucky said. Steve looked at him with concern and Bucky took his hand, leading him out of the living room.

"Ok, we're going to my room. See you in six hours!" Eliza yelled out, and they ran to her room.

Peter giggled and shut the door, then threw all his stuff onto her bed. Eliza stood with her hands on her hips, looking at the pile of stuff. She organized it into food, school, photography, and random shit that got put into the mix somehow.

"What the fuck is this?" she asked, holding up a dvd of 'Barbie of Swan Lake.'

Peter doubled over laughing, holding his stomach for support and rolling around on the floor. Eliza soon joined him, tears of laughter in her eyes.