16 ≫ *gag* feelings

(Eliza's POV)

July 19th 7:00 pm

Peter.

That's the first thing that comes to my mind every morning, and it has been for the last few weeks. At first I thought it was because I was spending too much time with him or something, but then he was gone for a week, and his name still came up in my mind.

Now, my brain has pointed out the possibility that I might have feelings for my best friend. But the best thing for me to do right now, is not acknowledge those *gag* feelings, because Peter has a girlfriend who he likes a lot and also crushed on her all last year. 

"Hey Eli," a voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I was sitting on top of the Radio City building, with my feet dangling on the edge. I was in my Spiderwoman suit, which was freshly made courtesy of Mr. Stark.

Peter walked over and sat next to me

Peter walked over and sat next to me. My heart started to beat really fast because his thigh was touching mine.

"Are you okay? I can hear your heart beating, and it's really fast," Peter said, looking at me.

Crap, super hearing.

"I-I um. Y-yeah I-I'm fine. L-let's just g-go," I stuttered, mentally slapping myself.

"Ok..." he said, standing up and offering me a hand. I gladly took it, but he held on to it a little longer, and intertwined our fingers. This wasn't really anything new, just something he did once and a while.

"Ok seriously," Peter said, "What is going on with your heart rate? Are you okay? Do you have a lot of stress right now? I know you might be worried about going out patrolling again, but you got this. I believe in you okay?"

"Yeah, that's it. Just a little nervous," I muttered, letting go of his hand and jumping off the building and shooting a web, making me swing across the city. I missed swinging around a lot, and it really helped me breath and release stress. 

Peter followed me and we swung around for about ten minutes, scouting the city for any sign of crime. 

(~time skip~)

July 19th 11:00 pm

We stopped about three muggers each, and one bank robbery together. I had definitely loosened up a little, and it felt nice to be back on the streets. Delmar's Deli had rebuilt from the incident a few months ago, so we went and got some sandwiches. Peter and I were getting back into a mini routine. 

Now, we were sitting on top of our apartment building in Queens, laughing at a video of Peter saying, 'kiCk aSs pArTy LiZ'. I had made Andy access his 'baby monitor protocol' videos and flipped through them. 

"I was trying to practice for Liz's party!" Peter said, defending himself.

"Ahh, the girlfriend. How is she?" I asked nonchalantly.

"She's good. I really love her," he said. He loved her? I thought this was just a little summer fling or something. I was lost in my thoughts until Peter said, "Although, I found out that she's never seen Star Wars..." he trailed off, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"She's never seen Star Wars?!" I yelled, baffled, "The only people who haven't seen Star Wars are the characters in Star Wars. BECAUSE THEY LIVED THE STAR WARS PETER!!!!" 

"Did you seriously just quote How I Met Your Mother?" Peter asked.

"Yes I did," I said bluntly. He rolled his eyes and started to talk about Liz some more, but I wasn't listening, I was looking at him. The little freckles sprinkled across his nose, his brown curls bouncing slightly up and down while he moved his hands around. His sharp jaw line and thin pink lips. And his eyes. The stars in the sky reflected of the chocolate brown color in his eyes, making them sparkle.

But there was one thing, he wasn't mine to look at like that, he was Liz's. 

"I-um. I gotta go," I said, putting my mask on to try and stop the tears from pooling out of my eyes. He started to say something, but I swung off in the direction of the Avengers compound before he could.

-----------------------------------------

August 19th

For the past month, I have been trying my best to avoid Peter as much as possible. However, it was really hard when he came by to see me every day, making me fall for him even more. This was just a small crush that would probably pass.

Most of the day though, I wasn't even at the Avengers facility, I was out as Spiderwoman.

With me out there all day, crime was down around 97%, meaning I was doing good work around the city. But because I was trying to push Peter away, I wasn't getting as much sleep. It wasn't a problem for me, but it was probably what made him keep coming back to me every day. While he was probably trying to sleep, I would be working with Mr. Stark, updating my suit.

Throwing myself into my work and avoiding my feelings worked all but four hours each day. Those four hours was when Peter came over from a day spent with his girlfriend.

The routine was, the first hour he would go on and on about Liz, the second and third, we would watch tv together, and the fourth, was when we talked. We talked about all kinds of things, mostly books and movies, and cuddling each other.

Yet when he left, going home and hopefully sleeping peacefully after spending a few hours with me, a crusty panini roll, I would go in my room and cry. No one knew that I would spend half an hour crying over my best friend every day, wishing my feelings away, and that was a good thing.

After my crying session, I would go back out into the city, to fight crime.

And that was the routine, probably not healthy for me, but at least Peter was happy. Right?

(Peter's POV)

Not right.

Although I see Eliza every day, those being the best four hours of my day, something doesn't seem right with her. I've known her for ten years and she just doesn't seem...herself. She doesn't smile as much, and the passion in her eyes that used to be there when she talked about movies and books was almost gone. When we hug, she holds onto me tightly, almost as if she was afraid of me leaving her.

I noticed that she was out as Spiderwoman most of the day. Sometimes when I was out on a date with Liz, I would see her out of the corner of my eye, sitting on top of a near by building. I don't mention it though when I go see her, just brush it off and try not to think about her. 

But there she is, every morning when I wake up, her name plastered in the front of my mind.

Eliza.

A/N- i know it's dumb but i'm low key proud of myself for connecting the end to the beginning like-