26 ≫ morgan

A/N- this is a fan fiction which means I get to mess with the timeline a bit 😌lets just pretend this is just a few weeks after peter talked to tony and bruce.

May 2nd

(3rd Person POV)

The next few weeks after talking to Mr. Stark, Peter was trying to plan how to tell Eliza that he loved her. He wanted it to be simple, but a really big romantic gesture at the same time. Eliza was a person who if you simply just told her you wanted to be with her, she would either drop kick you to the ground, or swoon completely.

So he was having a hard time coming up with ideas.

Meanwhile, Eliza was spending more time with Steve and Bucky, and smiling a lot. She was happy during the days, going to school and hanging out with her friends, then going home to the Avengers compound and cooking with her new dad's. Then after that, her and Peter would try to patrol together, or just swing around Queens.

They didn't actually see each other much on weekends, Eliza thought that he was out with Liz or something because Peter had forgotten to tell her that he broke up with her. Whereas Peter was in his room or on the roof, writing in a notebook while trying to come up with ideas.

The nights were the hardest for Eliza though. Peter was never there with her, holding her tightly and not letting go, so she had nightmares about once a week. It was a lot better than she had been doing a few months ago, and they weren't necessarily the ones about Anne dying, most of them were Peter getting hurt, or he just stops breathing while telling one of his terrible jokes.

This also meant that there were occasionally 3 am texts from Eliza that woke Peter up. They were all to make sure that he was still okay and alive. Peter was always a bit confused from these, and very worried about her nightmares, but no one else knew.

One night Eliza had a nightmare and just didn't go back to sleep, so she was really tired the next day at school. At lunch, she was yawning so much that MJ started to throw things in her mouth.

"Ouch! You hit me in the face." Eliza said, then glared at MJ.

"Sorry," MJ shrugged.

"Are you okay Eliza? You seem really tired." Katie said, she was worried about her friend.

"Uh yeah I'm fine, just one of those days," she nodded.

"Okay..."

Peter looked at her skeptically, he had gotten a text last night that she was not okay.

my love (eli)
hey are you okay?

man of spiders
yeah i'm fine
are you okay?
it's 2 am

my love (eli)
um yeah i'm good
just a nightmare

man of spdiers
do you wanna talk?

my love (eli)
well you were kind of
just laying on your bed
and i tried to wake you up
but you weren't and then i
pulled the blanket off of you
and you were covered in
blood. and i tried to bring you
back to life but then when you
did, you said that you didn't
know who i was and then
i woke up. but i guess your okay
so nevermind.

man of spiders
hey i'm alive, i'm good.
i know who you are, you're
my bestest friend.
besides ned.

my love (eli)
wow, ok not helping

man of spiders
sorry

my love (eli)
whatever. thanks