18 ≫ pain killers

(Peter POV)

October 2nd 10:00 am

Yesterday while I was on a date with Liz, my senses went off, so I had to leave the date. Liz was pretty mad about it, but I went anyways, because it seemed important. My senses led me to a bank, and Eliza was there. I could tell she was having a hard time because she was starting to not fight back.

When the police got most of the guys arrested, a shot rang out and Eliza fell to the floor. It happened so fast, but it felt like my heart shattered.

She was laying in front of me, when a split second before, she had been behind me. Meaning, she took a bullet for me. Literally. We used to joke about it in middle school, saying that we would take a bullet for each other, but I didn't think it would actually happen.

I dropped to my knees in front of her and saw that the bullet wound was on the left side of her collarbone, and I was very grateful that it didn't hit her heart. But that relief was only for a split second, because she started to bleed. A lot.

I rushed her to the Avengers hospital wing as fast as I could. Mr. Stark came into the room, yelling at me to tell him what had happened, but I just stood there. I couldn't speak, because even though, she had taken the bullet, I felt it in me too.

Dr. Banner and a woman named Helen Cho extracted the bullet from Eliza's collarbone, but they had to examine it some more for a reason I wasn't told. I didn't worry about that though, I was worried about her.

Around eight am this morning, they moved her back to her bedroom, so that she could sleep more comfortably. I laid next to her, watching her chest rise and fall slowly. The bullet wound was about half way healed already, thanks to her super healing abilities. 

Mr. Stark said that she was on very high pain killers, so she would be pretty loopy when she woke up. This should be fun.

Eliza stirred awake and then sat up quickly, panting. She laid back down though, probably from the shooting pain. I noticed that she was sweating a lot and her face was a little pale. Most likely she had a fever.

"Hey Eli," I said, and she practically fell off the bed.

"Peter," she stared at me with wide eyes, "What are you-uh. W-what are you doin here?" She bit the inside of her cheek.

"Umm...you got shot. You took a bullet for me," I said.

"Huh. That's pretty neat. You know, I have so many scars from you. I have that one above my eyebrow, oh and the one burn on my arm from when you attempted to curl my hair. Oh yeah and now I'ma gonna get a gnarly one from this bullet," she said.

I laughed at her, "You are truly amazing."

"nO YOU'RE AMAZING," she yelled, sitting up and pointing a finger at me. I slowly put her finger down and put my arm around her, making her stand up.

"You're really hot Eli," I said, feeling her forehead. I saw her smile under my touch. A real smile this time. Not the fake ones she had been giving me for the past month.

"No you're really hot. Like insanely hot," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You have a fever," I said, and made her come with me to the kitchen to get some NyQuil, "You're wound might be infected."

Steve and Bucky were sitting on the couch, watching us. Steve glanced at Eliza and saw her stumbling around and giggling.

"She's loosened up a lot. Maybe we should give her drugs more often," Bucky muttered and Steve hit him on the arm. They got up and left the room.