13 ≫ apartment

(3rd Person POV)

July 1st 10:00 am

Eliza opened Peter's window as quietly as she could, sneaking in and walking up to his bed. She smirked at his sleeping figure and then jumped on top of him, straddling his waist.

"PETER WAKE UP IT'S OUR TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed. He sat up with a start, making their noses touch. Peter blushed slightly at their closeness. Eliza smiled and he groaned, laying back down.

"Eli, what the what the frick frack diddly dack patty wack snick snack crack pack slap mack quarterback crackerjack biofeedback backtrack thumbtack sidetrack tic-tac are you doing in my room?" he asked.

"Wow, impressive. Anyways, today is our ten year anniversary," she said excitedly.

"Really?! Cool!" he said a little sarcastically, "Now get off me." He pushed Eliza off his bed and she fell onto the floor.

"nOoOo i'Ve mCfaLLiN!" she said.

Eliza's sixteenth birthday was a few weeks ago, and they had spent the whole twenty-four hours together. Liz had gotten a little mad that Peter hadn't responded to any of her text messages. But the rest of the month of July, Peter had been spending more time with his girlfriend, and Eliza was usually with Ned or MJ and Katie. She hadn't gone out as Spiderwoman, not since Anne died.

The pair of best friends still saw each other every day though. Every night, they would lay in one of their bed's sharing everything they had done that day, keeping each other safe in their arms.

"Ok, what should we do? I have to see Liz at two, but we can do anything you want until then," Peter said.

Eliza shrugged, "I don't know...Maybe we could watch a movie or something. I have my first day at the bookstore today, so it's good that you have plans with Liz."

"Oh yeah, why are you getting a job anyways?" Peter asked.

Ah, yes. The one thing that she wanted to keep from Peter. Yesterday, she had gotten an eviction notice because her mom wasn't there to pay the bills. She didn't want to tell Peter because he would tell May and then she would want to pay for the rent. And Eliza couldn't do that to May.

"Umm I-I just wanted t-to have something to do in the day while your with Liz..." Eliza said. 

Peter's eyes widened and he got up, going over to her, "Are you feeling left out or something? Am I spending too much time with her? I'm sure she would understa-"

"Peter- no. You can't not spend time with your girlfriend because of me that's insane. Come one let's watch The Emperor's New Groove," she said.

They walked out into Peter's living room, sitting down on the couch. May was in the kitchen, putting away the dishes.

"Morning Peter. Wait- Eliza how did you get in here? Eh, whatever. Hey how are you?" May asked, a little concerned about the girl's mental health.

"I'm okay," Eliza said, trying to put on her best fake smile. "Today is Peter and I's ten year anniversary, so that's cool."

"Yes, but also she got a job," Peter said, "at the bookstore."

May gasped, "How are Charlotte and Hannah? I got my wedding invitation yesterday in the mail! November 10th, I can't wait!"

Eliza smiled and said, "I'll tell them you said hi, I'm going at around two." May nodded and Peter turned on the tv. He pulled up The Emperor's New Groove and pressed play. He wrapped his arm around his best friend and pulled her closer.

After the movie was over, Eliza said, "Hey can you get the remote?"

Peter groaned, "Noooo, it's too farrrr. Wait- I've got an idea." He puts two finger's to the palm of his hand and shoots a web at the remote, making it fling towards him.