9. Runes, Bees, Dragons, and Swords

2nd POV: You

It had taken you some time, but you were able to teach Tubbo the rest of the runes.

After he had successfully learned Hagalaz, Tubbo had more confidence in learning and casting the other spells.

With the rune Mannaz, you had him store a message into a piece of paper and give it to you to see if you could hear it clearly.

After he had successfully cast Mannaz, you made him practice Radiō by having him transport paper to you from across the room.

Lastly, you moved onto Algiz.

This was probably the easiest for Tubbo.

On his first try he was able to make a small barrier around a book.

You were really proud of him for learning how to use all these runes.

Now it was time to put it all together.

"Tubbo, can you organize everything here? I'm gonna go bring Tommy inside so we can test the spell out."

He nodded and began to organize all the papers, pens, and books strewn about.

Walking outside to the backyard you saw Tommy holding a sword.

He looked like he was training his combat skills.

You watched for a bit before seeing something off.

"Hey Tommy."

He jumped a bit, but looked over to you.

"Keep your stance wider. You're longer than most so keeping your stance wider gives you the advantage of being able to move around longer distances faster."

He took your advice and widened his stance.

He seemed more comfortable and continued for a bit, swinging his sword back and forth.

"Thanks for the advice (F/N)."

"You're welcome, but right now I need you to come back inside so that Tubbo can test out the spell."

He nodded and went back inside with you.

Inside you saw Tubbo with all the papers organized and books in a single stack.

Tommy seemed excited to see Tubbo cast a full spell.

You were glad to see that Tubbo always had someone cheering on for him.

"Alright, here's what's going to happen. Tubbo is going to cast the spell by writing all the runes on one paper. The message will be sent to me, but here's the catch, you both won't know where I am in the house. I could just be across the hall, or I could be on the roof. I will send back a message to tell you if it worked or not."

You looked at Tubbo, giving him a thumbs up and saying,

"Good luck, I know you can do this."

You then walked out of the room.

1st POV: Tommy

I watched as Tubbo immediately brought out a paper and pen and began to draw on it.

"Hey, Tommy. What should our message to (F/N) be?"

I put my hand on my chin and began to think.

"I have the perfect idea!"

I explained my idea and we both snickered as Tubbo was about to send it to (F/N).

When he tapped on the paper, it crumpled into itself and turned into a small pale yellow luminescent bee.