38. Late Night Talks

1st POV: Technoblade

It had been a week since our last quest.

The quest had been a lot longer than expected, so we all decided that it was best to take a break before going on another quest anytime soon.

It was late at night and I was in the field behind the house.

The moon was up and there were a few fireflies glowing faintly in the area.

I sat there alone until I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Care for some company?"

"I wouldn't be opposed to it."

I looked to see (Y/N) sitting down next to me.

We both sat in silence for a few moments, taking it all in again.

"Can we talk, (Y/N)?"

"Sure, ask whatever you want, I'll answer."

I began to think of what to ask, I didn't know where to start.

"... Why did you have to leave me?"

I looked down at my hands as I asked.

"We took on the world together back then. You and me. The unstoppable duo. Why couldn't you tell me what happened to you? I would have helped no matter what, you know that."

I could only hear them sigh and some shuffling.

I looked over at them to see that they had laid down, looking at the night sky.

"I never wanted to leave you. During the 4 years I was 'dead', I thought of what could have happened if I stayed. I thought of the adventures we could have had, the time we could have spent together... but then I thought of you getting hurt. Your brother and dad getting hurt. All because of me. Because I escaped with knowledge. Because I lived. Cursed and damned. That's why I didn't tell you. The risk of you and others getting hurt because of me was too high. It's a risk that I can't afford."

Awwwwwww, they care about us. Soft (Y/N) Soft (Y/N) Soft (Y/N). Protecc Dadza!!! That's surreal, it doesn't feel like 4 years passed. I thought it was 5 years? That's a lot of time to think about things. WILBRO!!! Ahhhhhhhh!! Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I missed (Y/N). What if they leave us again? We should ditch the others and go on some quests like old times. I miss the adventures we had back then. Adventure Adventure Adventure Adventure- that's a long time to be dead. What is it like to be dead? Fake dead? AHHHHHHHHHH!

Even though they had given me a pretty good explanation, I could get the feeling they weren't telling me everything.

"You're not telling me everything."

"What do you mean?"

"You're still not telling me everything. (Y/N), come one, just tell me why!"

"I already did-!"

"NO YOU HAVEN'T!"

They had sat up, but only looked away.

"... they know..."

"They know what?"

"About your voices."

I froze.

"How?"

"I don't know how they found out. When I was kidnapped it was one of the things I overheard them talk about. I was going to be drained of my magic, while they were going to somehow use you for their cause. They thought that if they could control the voices, they could control you."

I winced when the voices decided to start yelling in full force.

COVER BLOWN COVER BLOWN!!! SOUND THE ALARMS!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS BAD THIS IS BAD THIS IS BAD!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! ONLY DADZA WILBRO TOMMY TUBBO AND (Y/N) KNOW ABOUT US!!!! ARE WE FAMOUS?!?!?!?! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SHIT!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THIS IS NO GOOD!! HOW DID THEY FIND US OUT!!! FJVDKVSL;ALH;~!JGKFL;LSD;KAK! WE EXIST IT TECHNO'S HEAD!!! HOW!?!?!?!? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

"How could they know about the voices?"

"I don't know, but there is one incident that I can think of that might have tipped them off about them."

That's when I remembered.

The Incident.

It was one of my worst outbursts.

Though I was lucky to have (Y/N) there to make sure I didn't go on a rampage.

"How would they have been able to find out I had voices from just that one incident?"

"We were in a semi public area when it happened, so it's not impossible for word to have gone around."

I rubbed my hands over my face and sighed.

Those were a lot of good reasons to leave, but that didn't mean that I liked them.

For a few moments we stayed there together in silence.

I then asked,

"Did you plan on visiting your brother?"

"... no... I don't think I'll be able to look him in the eye knowing how much pain I caused him by faking my death. Who am I to cause him more pain? I just hope that he's living his best life out there, that's all I can really wish for him."

There was hurt and longing in their eyes.

All I could do was lay down next to them and look up at the sky with them.

The stars looked beautiful.

I heard sniffling and looked over to see (Y/N) doing their best to cover up their face, tears running down their face.

"... I'm sorry..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

ꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ╎ᓭ !¡∷ᒷᓵ╎𝙹⚍ᓭ

||ᒷℸ ̣ ╎ℸ ̣ ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷᓭ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⍑⚍∷ℸ ̣ ᓭ𝙹 ᒷᔑᓭ╎ꖎ||

╎ℸ ̣ ᓵᔑリ ⍑⚍∷ℸ ̣ 𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ

ᔑリ↸ ╎ℸ ̣ ᓵᔑリ ⍑⚍∷ℸ ̣ ╎ℸ ̣ ᓭᒷꖎ⎓

==========

I hope you enjoyed this emotionally driven chapter. 

I wanted to expand on Reader's reasons for having to leave and how self sacrificing of a person they are. 

I also liked how I wrote it in Technoblade's point of view. It allowed me to give another perspective on how others react to this self sacrifice. 

Comment & Vote! (I enjoy your perspective on these types of chapters.)