7. Group Hugs

2nd POV: You

You were currently in the kitchen making breakfast when Tommy and Tubbo ran downstairs almost falling down.

"Hey you two calm down, there's no need to rush this early in the morning."

Tubbo looked at you with a bright smile and said,

"Sorry (F/N)! I'm just excited that today I might finally be able to cast a full spell!"

"I just want to eat."

You and Tubbo laughed at Tommy's answer.

You then made sure to look back at the stove to make sure that you wouldn't burn the eggs.

"I'm making eggs and sausages, get out some plates and cups so that I can serve us."

They looked at you for a bit of guidance and you pointed to the cabinets where you stored the plates and cups.

Tommy got out the plates and Tubbo got the cups.

Eggs were relatively fast to make so you served them their breakfast as soon as they came to you with their plates in hand.

Serving them their breakfast and then serving yourself, you all went to the dining hall and ate at the table.

It was clearly less awkward than yesterday and conversation flowed easier.

There were jokes thrown here and there and some good laughs from you all.

After eating you were going to collect their plates and wash them, but Tommy and Tubbo got their plates, cups, plus yours, and took them to the sink themselves.

You tilted your head at this and questioned why they were doing this.

Tommy looked at you and responded with,

"You've helped us a lot by letting us stay in your house and offering to teach Tubbo a way to communicate with the rest of our group, so the least we can do is help you out with some chores."

He looked away pouting a bit.

You laughed and ruffled his hair a bit causing him to yell out 'hey'.

As they washed the dishes you began to set out some paper and pens on the table.

When they came back in Tubbo was the first to ask you about everything.

"(F/N), what's with all this paper?"

You looked up at him and said,

"This is for you to start practicing with rune magic."

He smiled brightly and went to take a seat at the table.

You brought out the book and then began to talk.

"'Rune Magic' is the second type of magic that I was going to explain to you yesterday. This type of magic is extremely uncommon to use and basically extinct. That's because not many people go out their way to try and learn 'Rune Magic' because of how complicated it seems."

You gave another example by drawing another rune into the air.

To you it was the Berkana rune.

It basically looked like a sharp uppercase 'B'.

You had drawn the rune in front of the houseplant that you had as a centerpiece, and the rune caused the plant to grow twice its size.

They had their eyes wide open as they saw the plant grow.

You laughed at their expressions but then faced Tubbo and began to explain what he was going to do.

"Alright Tubbo, I have the paper and pens set out because we need to practice before you actually cast the spell. This is what I did when I started out. All you have to do is draw the run out on the paper, and then tap on it. This is the simplest way to start out."