32. Day 8: Parkour Warrior: Time to Fall a Thousand Times

2nd POV: You

Another day, another event.

This time it was Parkour Warrior.

You think that this was going to turn out pretty well.

"You sure you can do this (F/N)? You haven't been in a tournament for years..."

You turned to face Techno.

"Are you serious? Techno, even if I haven't been in any tournaments for the past few years, doesn't mean that I've stopped training. To be honest, I might be even better than you."

He only smirked,

"Is that a challenge dear friend?"

"When is it not?"

You both chuckled as we walked with the rest to the waiting area.

Each team was placed in their own Parkour Course.

Same course for everyone, just separated by teams so that there wouldn't be as much crowding.

You could see other peoples progress since they made sure to put the 'ghosts' of the other teams in the same arena with you, and since you all would get notifications of who had passed what course.

You all began to stretch and warm up in anticipation of what was to come.

Soon enough, the announcer began to count down.

"3... 2... 1... GOOOOOOO!"

All of us took off running.

Even though Techno was ahead of you, you knew that it was only a matter of time before he would fall, and you would be able to rush ahead of him.

And that's exactly what ended up happening.

Techno missed one jump, and you managed to get ahead of him.

You laughed as he fell, effortlessly making the jump that he had missed before.

Reaching another checkpoint, you looked towards the notifications on your side.

[(F/N) is the first to reach Stage 2: The Garden]

You smirked at the achievement and kept running forward.

There were 6 more stages to complete, and by gods were you going to be the first to finish them all.

You made sure to watch where you were running and plan out which area was the best to go through, and a backup path if you stumbled.

In general you made sure that you wouldn't fall into the void.

No matter what.

Maybe it was your pettiness from Techno's comment, the rush of adrenaline in you, or the nostalgia of previous tournaments finally getting to you, but all you knew was that this was your game.

This was your game.

And you were going to win.

You started running faster than before.

From jumping over trenches to scaling walls, you had dominated the competition.

Though there was one person who consistently kept up with you.

Quig.

He was the only person to consistently keep in pace with you.

It was either you leading, or him leading.

Even though you couldn't see him, you could see his footsteps.

You saw how he was now stumbling more than before.