Ch. 13: Dreams, Real And Imaginary

I followed my sweet Renesmee into her bedroom and stayed with her as she fell asleep; the trauma from Isabella had given my baby horrible nightmares that were less likely to occur if Edward or I remained with her.

I pressed her porcelain hand to my cheek, letting her dreams fill my mind. They were beautiful, vibrant scenes, dominated by a white-skinned, blonde-haired, green-eyed angel baby. Even she wanted that. the thing was, I don't think anyone wanted that baby more than I did.

"I don't think they could, Love," Edward murmured. I dropped Renesmee's hand in surprise-it landed softly on her pillow-as his arms wrapped around my waist. "I'm a close second." Edward added, turning my face so that I could see his smile. He'd changed; he wasn't the immature boy he'd been years ago-and yet, I still loved him. Maybe because I wasn't the little girl I was then, either.

"You aren't. I don't think that little girl would've been such a perfect mother."

"She's Eliza, Edward. She's Eliza in looks and in heart." I said, brushing Renesmee's hair away from her face.

"I know... Dela, Love..." Edward began.

"What?" I asked. He grinned.

"Don't be scared." Edward picked me up bridal style and ran into the forest. When he stopped, we were in a beautiful meadow.

"Edward..." I whispered.

"I should be waiting longer to do this, I really should. Honestly, I've waited a hundred years, and another day feels like eternity." I was confused for just a minute, and then Edward got down on one knee.

"Adelina Scarlet Snow, I have loved you forever. I promise to love you even longer. I know you love me, I see it in your thoughts, and I know you love my daughter. Dela, will you make me the happiest being on earth? Will you marry me?" Edward showed me his mother's ring-the ring I'd so longed for over my century.

"Oh.. oh, Edward... yes." I would've been crying if I could, the moment was so right. He rose and slipped the ring onto my finger. I kissed him gently and sweetly, which fit the moment perfectly.