Ch. 6: Momma

It had been months since I met little Renesmee. Perhaps that was why I grew so suspicious of the wicked glint in her eyes.

"So, when are you and Daddy going to get back together?" She asked ever-so-casually.

"Renesmee! I don't know if we ever will- it's been so long. and he has you, and clearly isn't over your mother, and..." I trailed off. Renesmee pulled herself into my lap, something she did though she was much too big for it.

"Dela, he still loves you. Really, he told me he was only able to love Isabella because he believed you were dead or over him. And... and I would like it if you were my Momma." Renesmee whispered, looking down. I lifted her chin.

"I would, too, sweetie." I told her. I think it was in that instant that Renesmee Carlie Cullen became my daughter.

(Third Person)

Dela hugged a smiling Renesmee tightly. Neither knew that Edward stood listening upstairs, but all three knew somewhere within themselves that Renesmee's words were true: Edward still loved Adelina passionately and completely.

"A-Momma?" Renesmee asked cautiously.

"What is it?" Dela asked.

"I... do you think you'll love me less because I'm not your biological daughter?" Nessie asked. Edward tensed nervously. Addie liking Nessie was important to him.

"Let me ask you something. Does your Grandma Esme love your father less because he's not her son by birth?" Dela queried.

"No..." Renesmee answered.

"Precisely." Dela reassured Nessie, satisfied by her answer. Renesmee curled into Dela and fell asleep not as friends, but as three quarters of a perfect family.