Ch. 4: Ana and Eddie

"So, Anastasia... she's still alive, in a way?" Edward asked.

"Yes. She hasn't changed a bit. She's just as much of a little heathen as she always has been." I told him, fondness lining my words.

"That sounds like her. Almost too much like her." Edward agreed.

"Sorry. I like a good reunion as much as anyone, but who are you and how do you know my brother?" A beautiful blonde haired woman asked.

"My name is Adelina. When I was human, Edward was my best friend, before he was assumed for dead. Of course, nobody could find a body, but considering the circumstances..." I trailed off.

She raised an eyebrow. "Either there was more there, or I am delusional."

"You certainly aren't delusional. Our fathers betrothed us to each other when we were both less than a year old, and on my fifteenth birthday, we started officially courting." I told her.

"You... you idiot! you were betrothed to a rich beauty, and you even considered that bitch Isabella?" The blonde said, gaping in disgust.

"Addie? Addie, your hunting trip was supposed to take ten minutes!" Anastasia complained, stepping out of the woods.

"Read the room." I ordered. She looked around.

"Edward Masen, if that's you, you will be punched for pretending to be dead." Ana told him, calmly examining her nails. She looked up, pulling her dark red hair behind her back.

She was terrifyingly good at that.

"Please don't kill me, Anastasia dear." Edward said, equally calm.

"I said punch, not kill, you idiot." Ana corrected, smiling so that you could just barely see her perfectly white teeth.

"Ah, but your punches are deadly, no, little Anastasia?" I teased. I don't know why, but I didn't want the precious familiarity to end.

"Yes, Adelina." Ana told me, now grinning. Any human would be utterly dazzled - but I was used to her stupid attempts.

"If you think my full name will bother me, you're sadly mistaken." I teased. She rolled her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3 days later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to know the Cullens. I adored them all, especially Alice and Renesmee. None of them knew about my gift yet. I don't think I want them to. at least, not until I know their loyalties are secure - and that Rosalie Hale won't force me to give her the ability to have children.

Until then, I'll be happy simply having a place where I seem to belong.