Time Equivalent Pt.1

Shouldn't be any spoilers. I just thought it would be cool is all...
______________________________________

        Everyone has them, yes of course. Those thoughts of pure fantasy that show them the life they wish they could have. The daydreamers that dream of a life of riches or the office worker that hopes for a better job. The gamer who only wants to be the very best that no one ever was or the commoner who just wants a talent to call their own. Yes, everyone of these people have their thoughts of better lives. And then there is (y/n).

        Being one who had never really cared much for the world he lived in, he simply wanted to live his life as it was. Should he be given riches, so be it. Should he be given a job, then let him have it. It was all the same to him. He'd watch everyone struggle through life wondering why they cared so much when there was really nothing more to living than just to live. Not that dying was any better,, but living still held its dullness. Always wearing that same blank stare, he'd live his days as normally as his life allowed.

        "How come you don't ever want anything, (y/n)," his false friends would ask. They were only ever using him of course, but every now and then they would seem genuinely concerned about him.

        "Why should I care?" It was always his answer and it was always his thought. With that same blank stare, he had watched countless bullies harm innocents, himself included. With that same blank stare, he had seen many children lose their toy while passing through the busy streets with a parent. With that same blank stare he had been cornered by thugs who had no good intention of the sort. And even now when he entered a convenient store happening to walk in on a robbery, he held that same blank stare.

        He had never been in a hostage situation before. The thief hadn't hesitated to point his weapon at (y/n)'s face, using this opportunity to approach him and trap him in an uncomfortable headlock. The weapon, of course, was still being used to "keep (y/n) in check" while the thief waited for the cashier to finish filling a grocery bag with money. Then he saw her, crouching in the back corner of the store. She caught his interest only because she didn't seem normal. Something about that blonde girl seemed to tell him that she was not human. And so for once, he cared enough to do something about his situation.

        Just as the terrified cashier handed over the bag of cash, (y/n) snapped his fingers, activating his ability. Ah yes, that's right, he was not human at all. Nothing more than a sentient being that woke up from a particularly long nap. Stopping time was his specialty and really his only skill, and so he did just that.

        "A little rude, but I'll forgive these actions just this once," he mumbled as he pulled out of the robbers grasp. "Is this your first time witnessing a robbery?" he asked the blonde girl. He had excluded her from his time freeze since she had gained his interest.

        Blinking in surprise, she rose from her spot on the ground and stared at him. "What the hell are you?" she asked. (Y/n) tilted his head a bit giving a small smile.

        "Let me handle this first." (Y/n) took the thief's handgun and aimed at his kneecap. "Oh...I missed," (y/n) muttered with a frown having ended up shooting the man's foot instead. "I really suck at everything else..."

        "You stopped time. Are you a servant too? What do you want with me? The war has long since passed," the girl growled. She seemed on edge and a sword was now in her hand as she glared at him.

        "Hm? War? What war? I'm just your...uh, friendly neighborhood diety? I don't really know to be honest. I don't have much power, and I'm no one's servant. No one would want me as a servant anyway. There wouldn't be much I could do for them," (y/n) ranted as he unloaded the gun and put it back into the robber's hand. "Stopping time is about the only thing I can do. If I have other abilities, I've forgotten how to use them."