Significant

No spoilers but this one is just a stereotypical trope that's probably been overused...or something. Who knows...
______________________________________

        The harsh cold was a menace, nibbling away at his fingertips and clawing at the thin fabric he wore. If he had known that a blizzard would appear in the middle of summer, then he'd have been more prepared, but who would ever prepare for such a randomized phenomenon?!

        (Y/n) felt his knees give out against his will as he attempted to take another step forward. He had figured as long as he kept moving, he'd survive this even though he had no clue as to where he was. He couldn't even chive a desperate call for help. The wind already howled louder than he could ever hope to scream. The cold had worn out his throat making it difficult to breathe. That became all the more so when he met the snow face to face.

        Where was his king? What was happening? Camelot did not simply fall to such unnatural occurrences. Was no one going to put an end to this?

        (Y/n) couldn't move any longer. His vision had began to fade despite the voice in his head that practically begged him to stand again, to keep pushing through the storm. He couldn't sleep there or she would never forgive him.

        It would have been tragic if he hadn't been seen just before he fell unconcious a mere six meters away from shelter. And it wasn't just any shelter nor just anyone that caught sight of him. (Y/n) himself was unaware of how she called for him. It was fear that drove her the most, fear for his life. Mordred could easily count what she cherished this closely on just one hand. He was one of them.

        (Y/n) didn't know anything of the way she used every ounce of her strength to pull him to the safety of a small cottage just on the outskirts of Camelot. He didn't realize how many times her heart nearly stopped when she thought he wasn't breathing. (Y/n) wasn't aware of anything until his senses went from blank to hazy. It was a warm sort of haze, and he found himself attempting to get closer to its source.

        "(Y/n)?" The inquiry had him sighing in relief. He knew Mordred better than he knew his own name.

        "I thought...I was gonna die," he uttered, not hesitating to reach out to grasp Mordred's hair. Its usual ponytail was nowhere to be found as she had practically destroyed the already failing hairstyle while attempting to save his life.

        "I know who did this. I'll make sure she pays for it," Mordred seethed, her rare softness turning into rage in an instant. (Y/n) was just more than pleased to be alive and able to see her. He was not a knight of the round as she was, but he was more than capable of weilding a weapon. His mercenary work had taken him outside of Camelot, and Mordred had been there at the border waiting for his return when the blizzard struck.

        "A merciless death can wait. How have you fared while I was gone?" (Y/n) straightened himself a bit as he spoke, wanting to make himself more comfortable. They both knew that the storm would not be over any time soon. They would be there huddled in the corner with furs and blankets until then.

        "You're in no condition to ask such a stupid question? Shouldn't I be the one questioning you?" She sounded irritated, but (y/n) was far more used to her to know that it was merely her concern showing in its own way. "You let a little snow stop you?"

        "No really. It was more like what I fought before the snow that got to me. I didn't expect to have to deal with something like that being so close to home," (y/n) admitted. He rested his head on Mordred's with an added stroke of her hair. It was strong of her scent despite the fragrant fire burning not far from them.

        "Hmm, I don't believe you," she muttered, closing her eyes in content to his silent affection.

        "What's there not to believe, my king? Why would I lie to you about something so serious," he hummed. "Besides, who could lie to someone so strong and enthralling? They'd be a fool, a greater fool than whoever sent this blizzard out here like this." The beginnings of a smile forming on Mordred's lips made him want to continue his praises, but (y/n) stopped himself for something far more important.

        "What is it?" He had taken a gentle hold of her face and tilted her head up so that she stared him in the eyes.

        "I just wanted to say thank you," he murmured. "You're always going out of your way to do things for my sake. It means a lot, really it does."

        Mordred looked off to the side with a seemingly triumphant grin. "You're mistaken. I should be the other way around."

        "You know you'd never allow that. I pulled you from a lake once because I thought you were drowning, and you jumped back in claiming you didn't need saving even if you had actually been unable to swim." (Y/n) laughed as Mordred pushed his face away from her.

        "That was one time! And I didn't even really know you back then!" she whinned. "Why do you even remember that?!" She had stopped fighting him, but she still avoided his stare. "Hey...the storm stopped just now," she mumbled.

        "Yeah, it seems so. Are you going to head back to the castle now? You have to find who did this, right?" Mordred shook her head at him finay facing him again.

        "I already know who did it. The others will take care of it. You need to get back home, right? I'll go with you. Then I'll head back," Mordred decided. She was entirely serious, and (y/n) was fully aware of how important her knightly duties were to her.

        "Okay, but when you go to talk to your mother about that storm, be sure to bring me with you. I'd like to say a few things myself," (y/n) spoke. Who else could possibly and purposely summon a blizzard to Camelot in the middle of summer? None other than Morgan Le Fay, right?

        "Tch, whatever." Mordred left his side to grab her sword and waited for him at the door. Once the fire was out out, he joined her and they walked side by side until they reached his estate in Camelot.
____________________________________

Kinda dull for a last oneshot I guess, but I really like snow related scenes and stuff. Probably just me, I'll stop...haha. Anyways, one last thing to read before this is officially completed.