Salvation

I don't think there should be any spoilers in this, but if there are, I apologize in advance.
______________________________________

        Heroic spirits and the supernatural. They were things that mages knew well about, but the supernatural part was the only thing that normal humans could at least attempt to comprehend without crossing into the boundary that separated the magus world from the basic one. (Y/n), however, was someone who had held no interest in the supernatural or stories that weren't true. If it weren't for the fact that he had experienced the supernatural and lived, he wouldn't have changed this about himself. But things did not start off with him being as he was now where he currently stood. No, they started earlier that month when he was kidnapped after his afternoon shift at his family's business...

. . .

        He had been born to a poor family with few living relatives. The family owned car garage which was his favorite place to be, so when he was asked to work there to help make ends meet for his household, he hadn't hesitated. His father needed more people working but couldn't afford to pay an outside worker, so (y/n) took up the job and was paid minimum wage with the perks of getting a share of the final income from the business each month. He never complained, was always polite to everyone, and did his job well, so it was surprising that anyone would want to kidnap him.

        "Just take him. I don't care who he is. The authorities are nothing compared to our association. They won't find him," his kidnapper had said. They'd taken him to a facility he had only seen or read about in fictional works. The scene terrified him and to make matters worse, he was the test subject.

        Magic circuits. They were implanting them into his body to use him as a vessel for the holy grail once the war started in a few months. (Y/n) was oblivious to these facts having only known that the person who had him kidnapped was wealthy and feared no form of justice.

        Today was his day of salvation, but he didn't know that yet. At the moment, he was encapsulated in a glass experimentation chamber. Being almost entirely submerged in an unknown liquid with a mask over the bottom half of his face for oxygen and tubes connected to him as if he were in a hospital was already torture enough. Then there was the uncomfortable fact that he was entirely bare and constantly experienced what he could only describe as being electrically shocked every five to seven seconds. Plus there was the never changing temperature within the capsule itself.

        "Just let me die already," he silently prayed having given up hope on being rescued after the first week had passed. His eyes were devoid of anything but sorrow as he stared off into space. Hardly ever did a thought come to mind other than that same death wish. "Just let me die." He had no power to free himself even from the beginning when he'd used every ounce of willpower he had to fight for his life. They had drained it all from him over the course of time and now he simply wanted to perish. "Just let me die." For some reason, he gave more effort into hoping for this than on other days. Today he wanted it to end for he had been through enough. And so he gave one last hopeful plea before he'd likely lose his sanity from the constant treatment. "Please, just let me die!!"

        A tremor shook the area above him and tears of relief began to line his eyes for he thought that his wish was about to be granted. He focused his eyes on the ceiling above his glass entrapment waiting for it to collapse, yet nothing of the sort occured. The tremor that had given him hope ended up betraying him. Or at least he thought so until he heard the scream. It didn't terrify him nor did it ease his constant worry that he might be left there to live in torture.

        (Y/n) paid no mind to the sound of what was likely a one-sided slaughter. He began to stare at the metal door across from him that led to the lab he was being held in. Quicker than he expected, the door was opened, but rather than being swung open, it was forced off its hinges and slammed to the ground. Standing in it's place was a woman who immediately stared at him with her cold metallic silver eyes. A sword stained with blood was tightly gripped in her hand as the other was still suspended in the air from having pushed the door down with it.