Knights of the Square Table

No spoilers. This is FGO based, but still no spoilers, I promise. Although you'll probably need some knowledge on the various knights of the round...
______________________________________

        The tales of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table were truely epic tales. "That's probably what a lot of people think. They haven't actually met them..." (y/n) thought as he stood at the door of a break room in Chaldea. He would give anything to be anywhere else but in that room. According to Da Vinci, the knights that used to serve under King Arthur were entitled to a reunion party, and (y/n) had no choice but to be there. Why? He was Mordred's master. The so called Knight of Treachery was just as enthusiastic as he was about being there.

        "We can still walk out. It isn't too late to turn back," Mordred muttered. She held a deadpan that gave off the same aura as the one (y/n) emitted.

        "I have no choice. I'd rather not have to deal with Da Vinci again. Not even Mash could save me from whatever she has planned if we don't go through with this."

        "You don't expect me to come save you?" Mordred questioned. Before he could answer, she had walked towards where the others were seated at the far side of the room. They were crouded around a square table, and it seemed like they were arguing.

        "Everyone, please calm down. This isn't the reason we are gathering. You all should at least be grateful for this opportunity!" (Y/n) reached them just as Bedivere attempted to stop the current arguement. He was surprised at how many were missing. Less than half of the knights from the original tale were there. Even the king was currently missing.

        "Bedivere, this is an important matter. The formalities can wait. Our answer comes first," Gawain spoke. "All you need to do is answer the question that we asked."

        "But why? Shouldn't you wait until the king arrives here herself instead of asking me?" Bedivere questioned.

        "The king would never tell us herself. The answer has always been the same when she is involved. None of us are greater than any of us. That is why we are asking you. You were with the king most. Surely you know which of us she favored most out of us all," Tristan reasoned. (Y/n) simply stared at them as they spoke and kept silent in hopes of not being dragged into the conversation.

        "Mordred, don't you think Sir Bedivere would be able to tell us who the king favors?" Gawain said. Mordred glanced at him before rolling her eyes.

         "Of course not. Father doesn't favor anyone of you. Don't you know why? Because she prefers Bedivere. You yourself are acknowledging that just by asking him, aren't you?" Mordred pointed out with a smirk. (Y/n) knew well how Mordred felt about her father, so he could easily tell that she was purposely placing the attention on Bedivere just to cause more trouble. He could only sigh at her antics hoping that the knights would at least remain civilized by the time this reunion party was over.

        "What? Wait, that isn't true! It's just as Tristan said. The king does not favor any of us." Bedivere was quick to refute Mordreds accusation, but it was too late.

        "Now that I think about it, you are right, Mordred," Lancelot mumbled. He had silently been awaiting the end of the discussion, but Mordred's words caught his interest.

        "You trust Mordred's answer? You know she spouts nonsense half the time she speaks." Tristan turned to face Mordred as he said this.

        "What was that? Do you want a wake up call? You're probably half asleep anyway so what good is anything you say?" Mordred immediately lashed out with more insults.