Dreary Days

I don't even think there are anything even close to being a spoiler in this but just in case, I'll just say I warned you so...
______________________________________

        "You drool in your sleep," Mordred said as she shook him awake. (Y/n) swatted her hand away and turned over.

        "I do not. Leave me alone," he whinned. It was probably well past morning, but there was no way that he was getting up any time soon. If he attempted to so much as sit up from his bed, his head would spin and he'd probably pass out. In fact, he hardly could breathe, and his body was freezing. Every few minutes he might find himself shivering. And if all of that combined wasn't enough, there was also a storm ripping across the neighborhood at the moment. The power was out leaving him and Mordred to fend for themselves.

        "You need to at least eat. You're still human, you know." Mordred nudged his shoulder hoping to get him to cooperate. A flash of lighting attempted to infiltrate the covered windows as she spoke.

        "I'm not hungry..." he lied. As if to call him out, a clap of thunder sounded the moment he finished speaking. He was starving, but last time he decided to eat, he nearly threw up. He nor Mordred had any idea what kind of illness he had caught, but it didn't take much to realize how much (y/n) was suffering from it. "What do you have?" he asked out of curiousity.

        "Applesauce. It's not real food since no one can go anywhere in all this rain. Maybe you won't almost die this time," she said.

        "Yeah...thanks for reminding me," he mumbled.

        "You're welcome," Modred sneered. "I'll be nearby if you actually need anything."

        "Wait wait, no. Don't go anywhere yet. I'll take it, just give me a minute." (Y/n) sniffled a bit before pulling himself up. He himself was surprised that he hadn't felt light-headed and apparently he wasn't the only one.

        "Haha, you look awful, but at least you seem to be feeling better today," Mordred noted. If it weren't for his current state of being, (y/n) would have retaliated with some sort of witty remark. Instead, he just sat where he was and immediately pulled his sheets around him. Wasn't it torture enough to be feeling so pitiful?

        "It's cold. Why is it so cold," he complained as Mordred sat next to him on the bed. She was a servant, so she didn't have to worry about such menial things as sickness.

        "It's not cold in here. That's just you. I assure you." (Y/n) trusted her words, but the brief frown she gave him left some doubts. The air conditioner wasn't working, so that must have been the cause. Instead of bothering her about it, (y/n) watched Mordred open the cup. He didn't even attempt to reach out for it himself. He had insisted on feeding himself last time only to fail at getting his way. The result from that didn't change how Mordred felt about the idea of letting him do things himself.

        "I'm not that helpless," he muttered just to show that he was still somewhat against the idea.

        "And I care why?" Mordred asked. Of course, she hadn't meant for him to answer, but he badly wished to shoot her a slick remark. Instead he settled for a simple huff of annoyance. "Just eat already. It bothers me that you don't," she said. (Y/n) gave her a slight glare from the order she had given, but it did help him feel better to know that Mordred was openly admitting to caring about him. It's not that she wouldn't do it. She just didn't specifically say such things very often. "I got you through a war, so I'm pretty sure I can get you through a flu cold fever sickness. Or whatever this it's supposed to be."

        (Y/n) simply ate the applesauce without complaint. So far, there were no signs of him having to throw up, so that must have been a good sign. "I'm going back to sleep, alright. Please don't wake me up anymore," he sighed and leaned onto Mordred's should. Another round of lightning and thunder decided to join in. His head was starting to hurt and the weather was only making the pain worse.

        "I won't. Just stop being sick," she spoke as she brought a hand to to stroke his head. It was as if she knew, and she very well could have known. (Y/n) closed his eyes in content despite the contact not lasting very long.

        "I can try. Just let me sleep some more. It seems to be working." (Y/n) promptly moved from Mordred's shoulder and back into his bed. He didn't hesitate to pull his sheets back along with him. "Thank you," he added as he shifted to find the perfect spot to rest. He was about to drift off to sleep again, but felt a sudden draft of cold air. "Mordred what are you doing? I thought you were letting me sleep."

        "I am. Now go to sleep." She had climbed into the bed next to him without hesitation. "And before you say anything, I can't get sick. You kept shaking the whole time. No way am I going to leave you in here by yourself. You're obviously cold," Mordred ranted. (Y/n) didn't protest her offer. He most certainly questioned it as it was not her normal, but by no means did he question it. He merely turned towards Mordred and pulled her into a hug. "Oi, I didn't say you cou-"

        "Too late. I'm going to sleep," he interrupted. He was already closing his eyes, and although Mordred was technically stronger than him, he didn't plan on letting her go any time soon. And he didn't for quite sometime as he tried to sleep his sickness away. When (y/n) did finally wake up, the storm had cleared away, the power had returned, and he felt much better. Despite that, he didn't dare to get up for Mordred was still fast asleep. The dreary day had begun to turn into a bright one.
______________________________________

So this was much shorter than I'm used to primarily because I cut out any and all possible action. So my question is...more action like in most of my other oneshots, or less like in this one? I've only got three left before this book "finishes". Anyways, until next time you exceptional readers!