՞՞19՞՞

The 2 hour nap felt like a lifetime. At first, when I fell asleep, I was pretty aware of myself, waiting for the alarm to go off. But as the time passed, I got deeper and deeper into the blackhole of my weird dreams and nightmares, to the point where I couldn't even hear the pouring rain and the loud thunderstorm.

The only thing that finally snapped me out of my sleep was the loud bang I heard that almost made the whole bed shake.

"What the fuck." I jumped up, blinking rapidly to force my brain to wake up.

For the first few seconds I wasn't aware of my surroundings at all, I had no idea where I was and what was happening. But then I remembered who's bed I was on. And about that, I also wondered why was his side of the bed empty. And then suddenly-

"Fuck."

His head popped up from the side of the bed, as he eventually made it clear to me that the loud bang was actually him, falling to the floor.

"You idiot," I was both pissed that he scared me like that and happy because he looked fucking hilarious, "did you actually fall?"

"I.. ugh," he rubbed his eyes, "I usually sleep on your side and didn't realize- fuck, whatever, almost broke my ass."

I wanted to laugh, but something stopped me. Why is it so dark in the room?

"What time is it?" I reached for my phone with my question but it wouldn't turn on.

"Uh, my phone's dead," I watched him press the power key as he put it to charge, "why is it not turning on?"

And that made me realize that I had the same issue. My phone was dead and it wouldn't charge.

I reached for the light switch and.. yes, the power was out.

"You're joking.." I stood up and looked around to find a clock, "do you really have no clocks in your room? What is wrong with you?"

"Who needs a clock when there are phones." He shrugged.

"Phones that don't turn on." I knew I overslept my online class, I just wanted to know what time it was.

He sighed and stretched to open the laptop, which luckily still had some battery.

His silence didn't give me high hopes, but the reality was so much worse. I really should stop going a whole day without sleep and then sleeping for more that 12 hours.

"Uhm, it's 6:26," he cleared his throat, "p.m."

This was one of the few times in my life that I did an actual facepalm. My hand slapped my forehead so hard that it made the loudest sound. Dream wasn't pleased with himself either, but he surely had way stronger self control than I did.

"Why am I such a loser ugghhh," I fell on the bed and covered my face with both palms, "not only I missed 3 classes in a row but I probably missed 30 calls from my mom too," I was so annoyed at myself, "and George is gonna get so mad at me, and it's still raining and I can't even charge my phone- ughh."

I heard him sit on the bed next to me. If I opened my face and looked at him I'd probably cry, so I chose to keep it covered.

"It's not your fault there's a fucking thunderstorm outside Liz," I heard him speak, "and you can tell your professors that the power was cut down and you didn't have any 4G, tell your mom the same but say that your phone died, and George, you don't even have to worry about George, I'll talk to him."

I appreciated his words and his attention, but there was one thing I wanted to do at that moment.

"I just wanna go home."

And as dangerous as driving in the darkness with the pouring rain was, he managed to get me home in an hour. I offered him to stay the night and drive back in the morning, but he declined my offer, saying that he had to work on a video.

And as pathetic as it sounds, I got home and went right back to sleep, having nothing better to do than to waste the rest of my day in slumber.