՞՞141՞՞

"Eliza!" I heard Clay's voice from the living room. And it sounded like he was pissed.

"What?" I yelled back, pretending like I didn't know the answer to my question.

I heard them talking to George over the phone. Well to be honest all I heard was a lot of yelling and screaming with no context.

It wasn't long until both of them made their way to the bedroom where I was just done with drying myself up after a shower.

"Have some manners, knock." I frowned when they stormed in. I was in the middle of towel-drying my hair, but I could be drying other things.

"What did you tell George?" As ironic as it is, Nick was the one talking.

"Oops.. I snitched again." Smirking, I made sure to hit both of them with my shoulders as I made my way out of the room while walking between them.

Clay gently pulled from my arm, moving my body in a way that my back got pressed against his chest. That way I could face Nick, while Clay had his arms loosely hanging down from both my shoulders to my torso.

"Fine.." I groaned, knowing that there was no escape from what I did, "George thinks you two fucked."

"What?" The way Clay pushed me away from his body so that he could face me too said a lot about how he was feeling.

"Why would you... nevermind." Nick wasn't pleased as well. But he also knew that he couldn't complain because felt more guilty towards me than angry.

"Well it's not my fault you two are lowkey super gay sometimes." I crossed my arms, hearing them protest again.

"What the fuck?" Clay sounded confused at first but then changed his approach, "Lizzy.. baby.. are you okay? Do you need help? Are concussions infectious?"

"Look, George wouldn't think of things like that if you two didn't act.. suspicious, if you know what I mean."

They both were so annoyed and pissed at my words that we spent the next few minutes arguing. And the funny thing was that both of them were trying their best to prove to me that there was nothing suspicious in what they were doing.

"George kept asking what happened in the bedroom, and I remembered all the sins I ever committed in a bedroom." Nick furrowed his brows.

But I still refused to inform them about the recording. I kept playing as if George just assumed things and I didn't deny his assumptions and that's how we ended up in a situation like this.

I'd lie if I said this whole thing was ideal in this case. They already had difficulties getting along, and now with this new chaos they could potentially have trouble in communicating normally. They'd be extra careful in their every step. And to me that was the most hilarious thing ever.

Nick had to leave and the reasoning behind it was something that had to do with the houses he was looking for. And that was actually nice, cause me and Clay could spend some time alone.

Just as Nick left the room, Clay pouted, and I already knew what that meant.

"I need to shower."

I had to seal his bandage with the waterproof sticker to avoid getting any products in his stitches.

And he also had to sit through a lecture.

"You need to make the water lukewarm. Don't lock the door. Immediately scream for me if you feel even a tiny bit dizzy. Don't spend too long in there."

I could go on forever, but just as I was done placing the sticky material, he leaned for my lips and kissed them softly. I closed my eyes, melting into the feeling as his voice raised goosebumps all over my skin.

"Come with me?"

As much as I was down for the idea, I still had to act responsible and decline the offer. But I could see what he was doing with the torturous slow kisses that left my lips burning with need every time he pulled away.

"Just a shower.. nothing more." He was trying his best to convince me to say yes, but his actions were the opposite of his words. He moved his lips down to my neck, leaving open-mouthed kisses here and there.

"Clay.."

I breathed in sharply when he slightly tugged at the collar of my shirt to reveal more skin. Luckily my consciousness turned out to be more dominant than my feelings.

"You horny fucker, I said no!" I swiftly slapped his hand down. My actions were so sharp and unexpected that it looked like I just came back to reality from a hypnosis.

Watching him draw back in defeat with the annoyed pout still prominent on his face, I felt proud of myself.

"C'mon, it's been years!" The funny thing about his words was that he sounded like he genuinely meant them.

"It's been two months at best. More like a month and a half." I was in disbelief. How can someone be so horny all the time.

"Fine then. I'll ask Nick to help me out when he comes back." He barely kept a straight face from his own joke. Well I hope it was a joke, and I was also happy that he was comfortable enough to joke about that topic after what happened earlier.

And I thought I was hallucinating when I heard footsteps throughout these 5 minutes. Apparently Nick hadn't left yet.

"Did someone say Nick?" He opened the door, peeking his head through the crack.

"Why are you still here?" Clay was even more annoyed now.

"Cause you summoned me," and it looks like Nick is slowly going back to himself, "I heard my name."

"Yeah, Clay was wondering if you could suck him off- OW!"

Clay pinched the side of my abdomen which is the thing he does I hate the most. But I don't care, the damage is already done.

"Yo.." Nick looked traumatized.

See, my tactics were to change the tension point (which in this case was me) with another one that was easier to get rid of. If I can make these idiots believe that the problem was between them two, when in reality all of us knew that there wasn't a problem, it would be a matter of time until they'd turn the whole thing into a joke.

That means I can successfully erase myself from the drama and avoid the scenario where their friendship could take a massive hit because of me.