՞՞183՞՞

I turned around, barely holding back the smirk from how pathetic she was.

"Hm?" I raised a brow, pretending that I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Are you Drista?" I can't believe she had the nerve to repeat.

"Who's Drista?" I furrowed my brows.

The fact that she was standing there, a full grown woman, aware of the possibility of having a literal 14 year old infront of her and kept pressuring her, was just unacceptable. It's gross.

"You're wearing Dream merch. I know you know." The sudden strike of her confidence wasn't pleasing.

"I'm wearing my sister's clothes. Maybe we should ask her if she's Drista?"

Her face actually dropped. Either I'm bad at reading people, or I'm a better actress than I thought I was. I guess time will show.

"I saw Sapnap." I can't say I wasn't expecting her words. If everything went the way we thought it did, she probably followed Nick here and that's how we ended up in this situation.

"What did you see on snapmap?" Furrowing my brows, I continued to play dumb. My own joke almost made me laugh, yet it didn't even sound like a joke to her.

"Please, I just wanna see what Dream looks like. I won't take pictures, I promise." She sounded so desperate.

"I really don't understand, I'm sorry." I shook my head, "You wanna see a dream? I don't get it, I'm sorry."

I might've went a little bit too far, but it I could see that it was working. She was getting more and more anxious and frustrated as the seconds passed, thinking about the possibility of me really being clueless about the topic and therefore her sounding like an idiot.

She didn't have anything more to say either, she just backed away a bit, taking in a breath and not knowing how to explain the situation. The tables have turned, now I was the one asking questions.

"Wait so you found Drista on your snapmap? Or you had a dream about Drista? I am so confused." I was having fun at this point. She was speechless.

I knew I just needed a little push to make the girl believe that I really was unaware of the situation yet still was invested in helping her.

And I could deliver that push myself. I didn't need Nick's help. If anything, it wasn't even close to being called "help". He showed up randomly, making the girl's jaw drop.

"Hello." He sounded aggressive, standing by me and almost yelling at the girl. It was funny to hear, but still, I was so disappointed.

"I knew it!" Hearing her voice, I hung my head. I played dumb for way too long for it to end this way. And now I do feel dumb, it's not a game anymore.

"What can I get for you? A picture? An autograph? A hug?" Nick sounded so emotionless. You could hear how much he didn't want to do any of those from just his voice.

And I don't even know if I blame him for showing up or not. Clearly he had no idea how the conversation was going between me and her, maybe he thought I was in trouble from how long I had been outside. Maybe he thought I got nervous and started to spill out information. He probably felt guilty for being the one who "lured" the girl here and didn't want me to be the one handling the situation.

"C-can I see Dream? I just wanna say hi, please?" Her voice started shaking pathetically. And looks like she only cares about Clay.

"Dream's not here. You're at her house." Nick shrugged, trying to make it seem like I was the one living here.

"Is she your girlfriend? She's so pretty, can I have a picture?"

Frustrated at her words and cheap attempts of trying to get a picture of me and announce the world that she met Sapnap's girlfriend, I decided to not say a word. It's Nick's career, he knows better what to say.

"No, she's our.." he struggled for a second, "our Coder. She's our coder girl."

The girl looked at us questionably. Nick continued.

"We're working on one of my videos. Dream has to do nothing with it." By risking his own privacy, he tried to do everything he could to save Clay's.

She looked at us. Looked back at the house where Clay and George were hopefully still asleep. Then hesitantly pulled out her phone.

"Can I get a photo?" She looked at Nick.

And the poor guy didn't look presentable at all with his coffee stained shirt and lizard poo covered shorts. I don't even think he showered even once during these two days.

"Uh- sure.." He was really giving everything he could offer.

I longed my hand to grab her phone and take the photo, but she pulled it back, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"Can you be in the photo as well?"

And how should I react to that.

I shook my head, backing away, terrified of the thought of having my face all over twitter while looking like this; no makeup, hair in a 2 day old bun, baggy clothes and even baggier eyes.

On the positive note, at least my clothes weren't dirty like Nick's.

"Uhm.. I don't think I'm comfortable with that. I look rough." I pressed my lips together, looking at Nick to see if I was making the right decision. He put his hand on my back reassuringly, nodding unnoticeably to make me more comfortable about the decision I made.

"It's okay, maybe next time." The girl was about to put her phone back in her pocket, clearly not caring about the picture she could get with Nick.

And her words were suggesting that she planned on coming back, which made me panic and feel guilty about turning down her offer.

"Next time? Just take a picture with me, I won't be here next time." Nick raised a brow.

"No it's okay, maybe when she's comfortable.."

The nerve-

"You know what?" Nick protectively stepped infront of me, about to confront the girl and make a scene.

Everything turned upside down in my head, I realized that by not risking my own privacy I was putting my friends under danger. The girl already knew too much. She knew that I was a coder who helped the dream team, she knew where I lived even though Clay was the one living here and she could just sneakily take pictures of us and post them.

"No, it's okay." I pulled Nick back hurriedly, "Let's just take a picture, it's fine."