՞՞184՞՞

I was willing to suck it up and take a picture with her. I was ready to do anything just to see her leave Clay alone.

"Go back inside." Nick looked at me with a frown.

"No, it's fine, I'll just-"

"I said go back inside."

The girl didn't look satisfied with Nick's change of tone.

Again, thinking that he knew better, I turned around and left, giving his arm a squeeze both as reassurance and warning. I'm sure he'll handle the situation better than I could.

And as rare as it is for me to say this, but maybe the odds were in our favor this time. I opened the door, got inside and went straight to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water. And just as I took the last gulp of the cold liquid, I heard footsteps approaching me.

Without thinking twice, without trying to identify the person that they belonged to, I hurried to stop them from appearing infront of the kitchen window.

Long story short, I slammed Clay's sleepy body against the wall right on time.

"Whoa." He blinked his heavy eyes, looking down at me, confused.

And I didn't have enough time to process the close call and come up with explanations, even though he had just enough of it to adapt to the new position and come back to himself. The idiot didn't lose himself, he moved his hands down from my back to my ass, thinking that the reason why I pinned him was sexual.

"No, dumbass." I slapped his hands away, wondering what would happen if it was George instead. The poor guy would be traumatized if he got the same message as Clay.

"No touching then?" He smirked, completely unaware of the situation.

"First of all, let's go to the living room." Pulling from his arm, I took him somewhere safer. The curtain had enough thickness to block the view in here.

"When they're home? Kinky."

I was about to leave him there, that's how annoyed I was. Seems like he enjoyed his nap with George a little bit too much.

"There's literally a stalker outside, stop messing around." I finally decided to break it to him once we were in the living room and his hands weren't trying to explore my body.

"What?"

"Nick is outside talking to that stalker girl." I spoke slowly and clearly, even though I knew it was still not enough to make him understand.

"He's what!?"

Just as I expected, his impulsiveness showed through. He turned his back to me and started walking towards the door, not thinking about the consequences of his actions at all. I had to pull his arm with a force that was enough to make him stop.

"Are you fucking insane? Where are you going like that?" I didn't dare to raise my voice, but I still sounded aggressive enough to shake him back to his senses.

"Yeah, actually let me put on a shirt first."

And looks like I spoke too soon. He is still far away from his senses.

"You are not going anywhere." I warned.

"Why did he go then?" He complained.

"It's a long story. Just wait till he gets back, alright?" I tried to lead him to the couch and make him sit for our own safety. I think it was reasonable for me to be afraid of his impulsiveness. It felt like he was capable of freeing himself from my grip and storming out of the house anytime he felt like it.

After a few seconds worth of silence, he spoke again.

"Did she see you as well? Were you two outside when she came?"

"Yeah- no, yeah, no, we weren't." My brain completely lagged in the process of trying to come up with an answer that satisfied both of his questions.

"Huh?" He narrowed his eyes, wrinkling his nose bridge in confusion.

"Ugh.."

I shut my eyes, completely clueless. How am I even supposed to tell him that I went outside willingly and Nick followed me even though I told him not to? It doesn't make sense. It made a lot more sense back when I was making the decision of going outside and talking to her.

"What is going on?" Clay took a deep breath, sighing after the sentence.

"I saw her from the window and she saw me, so I decided to go outside and talk to her. You know, make it seem like she got the wrong house so she would leave and not bother you anymore," I decided to pour everything out, "and everything was going okay until Nick showed up, I guess he was worried that I was taking too long. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do the wrong thing-"

"Wait, no apologizing first of all," he interrupted me before the chain of apologies would arrive, "what did you say to her? Why did Nick come?"

Just like that, Clay managed to get every single detail of it just by asking questions. And he was being normal about it too, which made me comfortable to talk, as the fear of seeing him lose it completely and start yelling at me vanished.

Shortly we heard George enter the bathroom to take a shower without even saying hi to us. But honestly, as long as the bathroom has no windows and doors that lead outside, I think we should be okay with that.

"It's fine, Nick's gonna handle the situation I think." Clay finally spoke after I told him everything, "I mean you could've handled it as well if he didn't show up, but I don't blame him. I'd do the same."

"I guess it would be so much worse if she saw you or George. No one knows he's in Florida yet." I sighed, realizing that there really were too many things to worry about apart from this situation.

Minutes felt like hours. Throwing his head back from frustration and groaning, Clay started to pace back and forth shortly.

Not even ten minutes had passed when Nick came back, yet I thought he'd been there for ages.

I stood up, but before we could ask anything Nick slammed the door shut in a way that already signaled bad news.

"Oh my fucking god, where is that fucking idiot?" He facepalmed aggressively.

"I'm here, what happened?" Clay frowned.

"I'm not talking about you! Where's that stupid british fuck?" Nick sounded so mad. I just stood there with a parted mouth, not daring to speak.

"What happened?" Clay raised his voice as well.

Nick really needed to take a breath to collect himself before talking.

"That dumb bitch woke up, opened the blinds and stretched infront of the window shirtless. And as that girl started fangirling, he went away as if nothing happened."