՞՞180՞՞

"I'm not hungry."

Clay had been saying that sentence over the past few hours already. He was on his phone, not even doing anything important, just killing time. I tried my best convincing him to at least eat some fruits, but he refused.

"What's the matter with you?" I was trying my best to react normally to his behavior and be careful to not stress him out even more, but he was progressively making it harder and harder for both of us.

"Everything's out of control, I hate all of this. I hate it." Clay's description of the situation was just a proof that he's a control freak and wants to be 5 steps ahead in every situation.

"What's out of control?" I sighed.

"As I said, everything."

"Well define everything then." Nick joined with a decent argument.

"I need to do a face reveal with no planning in advance, I haven't been active on social media for almost two months now and everyone thinks I'm dead, there's probably a stalker outside my house and we need to move to a new house and don't even have furniture there," he said all if that in one breath, "and not to mention that George is still asleep in my bed."

"Who's forcing you to do a face reveal?" I hated the fact that he felt forced to do it even though no one was pressuring him. Well, except for George who was actually mad that the date of the face reveal kept getting farther and farther away in their plans.

"The circumstances? That's my point. Everything's just out of control." Clay shrugged, finally putting his phone away and paying attention to both sides of the conversation rather than complaining and refusing to hear what we had to say.

And to be fair I didn't have that much to offer as an advice. Every single one of his issues is tied to the fact that he has a platform, to which I cannot relate. I was hoping Nick could help him, but so far he hasn't said anything helpful.

"Maybe just try to rest for now. Time will solve everything." That was the best I could come up with. But I don't think that's good enough to calm him down.

"I don't think time will solve anything in the way I want them to be solved." Clay huffed.

As I looked at Nick and was about to yell at him for not saying anything and playing games on his phone, he probably felt my burning gaze and decided to speak.

"I can stream right now and have you in the vc maybe?" He offered, addressing the part where none of them have been active recently.

"I'm not in the mood." Clay grabbed his phone again, then put it away immediately, "You know what? I'm gonna go sleep. I'm too tired to even keep my eyes open."

Both me and Nick nodded without showing much emotion. He got up, still with those ridiculous plastic bags around his feet cause he was scared that the worms would touch his socks.

"I don't understand the reason behind this." Nick pointed his hand at Clay, moving it up and down to make us understand that the words "this" was directed towards him.

"I just have a bad feeling. Maybe I'm tired and that's why." Clay shrugged it off, probably tired from his own grumpiness as well, "Sorry for bothering you."

"Go rest." I nodded before this would turn into a fight.

Clay left, leaving me and Nick alone in the living room. And the only thing putting a smile on my face at that moment was the fact that George was still in Clay's bed and they were possibly about to cuddle again.

I opened my laptop, finally having enough power of will to write at least one of my essays. I hope I'll be able to convince Clay to write the rest of them when he's better.

"Looks like it's just me and you again." Nick leaned back to the couch with a hilarious forced smirk.

"Ew." I laughed when he started to wiggle his brows.

"Are you doing homework?" He asked, trying to lean closer to me and realizing that the material of the couch wasn't easy to slide on. He had to jump on his butt to move closer, which is already a fail to start with.

I waited for him to continue, already well aware what he had in his mind. But seeing that he was giving me that look instead of saying what's on his mind, I decided to break the silence.

"I won't do yours." Shaking my head, I tried to put my earphones in and concentrate on my work.

"Pretty please?" He stopped me, snatching the airpod case before I could open it.

"Give it back and I'll think about it." I sighed, holding my open palm in the air for him to put the case in it.

With a twinkle of hope in his eyes, he gave my earphones back, pouting a little bit when I put it under my thigh to keep it safe.

And after a second, I decided to break it to him.

"Now fuck off." I smiled.

"Lizzyyy.." he whined, "I am so behind on everything, pleaseee.."

"Yeah, same." I had missed so many classes recently that I think I was on the verge of dropping out.

"But you're smart.. remember last semester? You scored so much higher than me even though we studied together." He was baiting me again with compliments he probably didn't mean.

"Go away. Feed your lizard, do something." I rolled my eyes.

"She's still pooping out the consequences of yesterday." Nick frowned, "But I can feed you tho."

"Is this a deez nuts joke again?" I was getting annoyed already.

"What? No.." he shook his head, "Well, unless you have cravings."

I groaned in annoyance, asking him to make me coffee so that he would leave me alone for a few minutes. And he thought as a compensation for the bitter coffee he was about to make, I'd do his homework. And that's why he left in a heartbeat.