՞՞8՞՞

I live 40 minutes away from him. What am I supposed to do with this information? How does he expect me to reply?

lizzil cool

I typed the word, pressed the send button and threw my phone on the couch. I need to eat.

My phone had other plans for me tho. Another phone call.

It's moments like this that make me realize how much of a mature person I am. The temptation to throw my phone away was big, huge, enormous even- man, it was ginormous, but I was able to collect myself and sign up for hearing his voice for the 2nd time today.

"Yes?" I answered the phone calmly.

"So when are you free? I'll come pick you up."

What.

"What?" I blinked.

"So when are you free? I'll come pick you up."

He had the nerve to repeat the same sentence with the same word order, same voice tone, same speed.

Fucker.

"Whenever you are." I answered with the most fake voice tone there ever existed, with the most unnatural smile on my face (even though he couldn't see it).

"Nice! Tomorrow at 4, be ready." I could sense the sarcasm in his voice too. This whole conversation just felt forced, unnatural and weird.

"Cool!" I played along, still sounding like nothing was wrong.

"See ya." Were his last words before hanging up.

I didn't care if George was livestreaming at that moment, which according to the twitch notification, he was. I opened the texts and aggressively started typing, making a few grammatical mistakes on my way, but getting to the point at the end.

I ended up deleting the whole thing and shortening it to a single line, which consisted of 4 words.

lizzil I hate your friend :)

I didn't wait for his reply and abandoned my phone for the third time today, connecting it to the charger and muting the calls and notifications before going to the kitchen and taking my food out of the microwave. Great, my pizza got saggy.

The food was so disgusting that it made me finally go get some groceries and cook for once. For someone who didn't know how to peel a potato, I did a great job preparing a meal and finally getting to enjoy the result of my hard work.

Never thought life without a phone could be so relaxing and refreshing. I almost didn't want to go back to it and turn the sound on. But my anxiety about missing my mom's calls got at its best as I finally unplugged it and turned on the screen.

Luckily the only thing that I missed was the stupid smiley face message notification from George, which I didn't even bother to open.

And that's how my day ended, with me waking up at noon and wasting my whole day on getting groceries and feeding myself. I needed to rest though, cause thinking about tomorrow both scared me scarred me.

Not caring that it was just 10 p.m. I fell on my bed and closed my eyes. I barely got any sleep for a week, and I was the only one to blame for that.