՞՞36՞՞

"This is all your fault." My hair was already wet from just running to hide under the roofs, and we weren't even close to the turn he mentioned yet.

He groaned, pacing back and forth, looking like he was thinking something. We were currently hiding under a tree which was dripping all over us, waiting for the rain to simmer down a little so we could continue running without getting drenched.

But both of us were already shivering. Not only our clothes were not warm enough to protect us from the cold wind that was blowing, but also they were damp.

"Alright, come here."

After a lot of pacing around he finally spoke. I watched him take off his jacket. What's going on.

"What-"

I didn't get the chance to question him. Before I knew, he pulled me under his arm and made a little roof with his jacket, holding it up with both his arms over our heads and commanding me to stay as close to him as possible.

"Just try to stay under it, we're gonna speedrun this," he chuckled, "ready?"

I tucked my soaked shoelaces in, making sure they wouldn't come undone in the middle of the road and make me fall into a pond or something. After that I got close to him, feeling safe under his arm and nodded.

He counted to three and we started running.

His long legs were doing him so good, with him crossing more distance with a single step than me taking 3 of them. But he slowed down a bit for me, making sure I was still under his jacket.

After a few minutes of running like that, I got tired. Not from running, but from having to cling to him to not get wet.

But I ain't no bitch.

"Put your jacket on," I yelled under the loud raining noise, "actually- don't." I realized that his jacket was soaked and would do more harm than help.

I went away from him, exposing myself to the rain. I didn't care. We'll be faster like this.

"You're gonna get sick!" He yelled back, trying to get me to stick around.

"Says the guy with just a t-shirt on!" Our breathless, mid running conversation was just hilarious, "Run faster!"

I knew he was matching my speed but he had to be in lead for me to follow. I didn't know the way back home.

But instead of getting me to follow him in the way I wanted, he did it his way. Grabbing my hand again and speeding up. He was literally dragging me home at this point, I just had to be careful to not hit something or trip and fall.

And finally, after a few minutes of getting completely soaked, we saw his house in the distance. I didn't know if it was from the adrenaline rush that I was shaking so much or the cold, but I would teeth chatter if I didn't force my jaw shut.

And then we had to wait for him to take out the key from his wet, skin-sticking pants, which wasn't the easiest thing to do apparently.

"Ugh, finally!" He pushed the door open, waiting for me to enter before he could do the same.

I could finally see his whole appearance under the electric light. His hair got noticeably darker, falling everywhere on his face with droplets forming on the ends of the strands. His white shirt was basically see through now, sticking to his body in a way that begged to stay in the center of my attention.

Did I ever mention he was hot?

Or am I noticing it just now?

Fuck.

Anyways, he was still holding the "umbrella" jacket which was dripping everywhere on the floor. And I knew for a fact that I looked more pathetic than that jacket at the moment, with my hair sticking to my head, especially to the wrong places.

"Jeez, you're shaking!" He got closer and proceeded to help me take off his jacket that got heavy on my shoulders from the rain, "throw your clothes in the washer, take a warm shower, I'll prepare some clothes for you."

I was so mad at myself for wearing my spare shirt under my sweater before going out. If I didn't do that, I'd have at least a shirt to wear now. Every single piece of clothing was soaked. My jeans, my sweater, my shirt, and the worst part of it all - my bra and my underwear.

"Yeah I gotta borrow one of your bras too." I hinted towards the fact that he had to prepare a whole set of clothing for me.

"Oh-" he raised a brow, "ooohhh.."

I held back a laugh while taking off my sneakers and went straight to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on my way. This was one of the few times I preferred the water to be so hot, considering the fact that I was probably suffering from hypothermia.

"Should I bring in the clothes?" I was already naked under the water when I heard him yell from the other side of the door.

"Leave them in the room!" I yelled back, hearing his footsteps getting more distant.