՞՞179՞՞

George was lying when he said my previous spot was the best. Nick's body radiated so much less heat than Clay's, and I was used to sleeping on this side as well, which was a big stimulus to sleeping.

And jokes on George, Nick wasn't snoring this time either. I could finally fall asleep despite the lack of my range of movements.

I don't know how, but as I fell asleep, the bed started to feel bigger and bigger. I swear I could finally turn around, and I have absolutely no clue how or why it happened.

However, it wasn't long until the morning came and I opened my eyes with one of the worst sleeps I've ever gotten. Looking to my side and seeing that Nick was nowhere to be found, I realized that the feeling of the bed getting bigger wasn't imaginary.

The poor guy ended up sleeping on the floor. And I don't even know if it was purposeful or he just fell. Judging by the fact that his pillow and blanket were still on the bed, he probably fell. And I can't decide if it's extremely funny or just unfortunate and sad. But then again, why not both?

The picture wasn't the same on the other side of the bed though. George's cheek was squashed against the pillow while he hugged it to sleep. His lips were pouty and the mop on his head looked messier than ever, falling everywhere and covering most of his forehead. At first I thought his arm was the one rested on the pillow infront of him. Well, it would make sense to think that he was the one hugging it. But after blinking a few times, I realized that it's actually Clay's.

Did I really need to see this? This is so disgustingly cute, I need to take a picture.

My phone was nowhere to be found so I grabbed Nick's and quickly engraved the moment in the device's memory. He has a collection of pictures like this anyway, I doubt he will mind having another one.

I could go back to sleep if I wanted to, but knowing that Nick had been on the cold floor for god knows how long and he still was there made me feel extremely bad about being on the bed. I didn't even know if waking him would be the better thing to do. Yet as cruel as it is, I think he'll appreciate it more than having to spend the rest of the morning on the dusty wormy floor.

"Nick." I whispered, slightly hanging down from the edge of the bed to shake his shoulder.

He reacted to my touch rather than my voice. Slowly blinking his eyes open, he rolled to his side, still unconscious from the deep slumber. And that made his head bump against the bedside table.

The knock was so loud that Clay jumped awake, with a remark that made me feel bad about the fact that I found it funny.

"Worms!" He was probably dreaming of them. Well, it would be a nightmare in his case.

"Where?" George's muffled voice with the accent made the question almost unintelligible. And he didn't bother enough to open his eyes either.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Clay frowned at George who was proudly invading his personal space.

"Being the better cuddle buddy." George half-opened his eyes, checking if I was okay with his joke. My eyeroll said a lot I think, but the worst part of all was that it satisfied him.

I watched Clay frown and try to push George away so that he could go back to sleep without having their bodies conjoined. Yet George was sturdy and confident, staying in the same spot even after getting pushed.

"Fine." Clay mumbled.

He got up to go take a shower, looking grumpier than ever on his way to the bathroom. As if he was a morning person to begin with, now the disgust was just oozing down from his face.

I had almost forgotten about Nick still being somewhere on the floor, but when he sneezed and hit a body part somewhere again, his wincing reminded me of his presence.

"What is wrong with you?" I know this isn't the ideal thing to say when someone is possibly hurt, but Nick was being ridiculously clumsy over the past few minutes.

"Who puts furniture next to their fucking bed?" Nick complained, finally waking up and sitting on the floor.

"I hope you realize that the furniture you're referring to is called a bedside table for a reason." I shook my head in disappointment, aware of the fact that my words made absolutely no difference.

"I hope you realize that no one asked." And looks like Clay wasn't the only grumpy one. Nick spat back with no mercy.

"I hope you two shut the fuck up and let me sleep." Before I could come up with anything, George groaned, covering his head with a pillow.

Even though our day started as shitty as ever, I was still hoping that things would go great once we completely wake up. Yet Clay's mood got even worse when he came out of the shower.

"You're still in bed." He shook his head looking at the three of us. George was asleep, while me and Nick were in the bed with him, keeping ourselves busy with our phones.

"What do you mean still?" Nick complained, "I'd been on the floor the whole time."

"Whatever." Clay rolled his eyes, putting on a shirt while his lower half was still covered with a towel.

I cringed at the scene of his half wet body getting covered by a perfectly good dry shirt. And it bothered him as well, cause as soon as the water droplets got absorbed by the fabric, he aggressively took the shirt off and put on a new one.

"Dude, are you okay?" Nick was astonished by his behavior as well.

Instead of answering, Clay turned around, looked at Nick in a type of way that was scary to say the least. He threw the already wet shirt on the bed and took the rest of the clothes he needed with him.

Once he left the room, Nick looked at me with a parted mouth, "I'm starting to think periods truly are contagious."