Chapter 31: A Date to Remember

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon or this story.
______________________________________

A few days have passed since that incident as the entire class rejoiced to find out that both the Lucario and Glaceon were safe and sound.

However, instead of the usual congratulations and pats to the head or shoulder for making it out alive; Lucas was bombarded with questions like "What did you two do last night?", and many other related questions that he refused to recall for obvious reasons.

Gloria wasn't excluded either as the other girls were also curious on what they did the day before, fortunately though, they were more forgiving and stopped immediately when her sister intervened and let the two alone to enjoy each other's embrace, unlike the Lickylicky who joined in the fun teasing the poor Lucario.

But despite all that teasing, they all thanked him for being a selfless friend who risked his life to save someone in need. If he hadn't reacted in time, who knows what would've happened to Gloria? Heck, even some of the other girls took interest in him, although suspicions still lingered on what those two really did that night.

But for now, a brand new day has began for Lucas as he stood quietly at a park, waiting for a certain someone to whom he promised to spend a day with and this could be a good break from what he's been through.

"Sorry I'm a little late!"

Lucas turned his head and saw the Gardevoir running towards him. A day with his childhood friend would be a good break from what he's been through.

"That's okay; I just got here as well." Lucas replied as she felt relieved and took out a handkerchief and patted her sweaty face dry.

It was indeed hot day as the sun went all out on the Alkia region today, even the other pokemon strolling by the park were panting and seeking out shade under trees and sheds, most of them wearing shorts and light clothes just to let some ventilation inside them.

"Well, shall we go?" Gardenia asked.

"Go where?"

"Hmm, why don't we stroll around the city?" She suggested.

"Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that much of Alkia aside from the ones I usually pass by from home to school."

"Great! Let's start then!" The excited Gardevoir quickly took his hand and led the way.

The two walked together in silence; Lucas was busy looking around the unfamiliar blocks around the city as if he's just a tourist there, while Gardenia was kinda busy thinking about something deeply.

"Hey, why don't we try out the Aquarium?" Gardenia broke the silence as she pointed towards an advertisement poster they just passed by.

"Okay, where is that?"

"It says 'Route 337', hey, that's just a few blocks away from school. Let's go." Gardenia read the details of the poster and quickly rejoiced as she took his hand and led the way again, much to Lucas's embarrassment as other pokemon shared a giggle watching the female controlling the male, while some found it cute.

Few minutes later...

"Have you been into places like this?" Gardenia asked as the two were inside the Aquarium and was greeted with giant tanks filled with crystal blue water, leaving the Lucario in awe, already feeling as if he's underwater.

"Not really." Lucas said as he continued to watch the fishes such as Magikarps, Feebas and Horseas swim around the vast space of seawater with corals and other decorations at the base which makes it looks like the actual thing.