Chapter 3: The Iron Chef

Back at the Eevee Residence… As the sun is setting in at the Alkia region. We find Lucas at the kitchen preparing tonight's dinner. Esper wanted to help preparing the meal, he did manage to cook all by himself since her other sisters were so persistent.

Well, here's what really happened:

In the living room, as Flannery and Vanessa were watching TV together.

"It's almost dinner time. Wonder what's dinner gonna be?" Flannery asked her seatmate after staring at the wall clock.

"I really hope it wouldn't be Esper's dreaded fish stew, I hate that stuff! Fish bones everywhere!" Vanessa replied as the two giggled together.

"I heard that, but thanks to you guys, I know what I'll be making today." Suddenly, they heard their eldest sister leaning against the wall, smiling devilishly and was wearing an apron and a serving spoon at her crossed hands.

"NO! That's not fair! You're using Psychic to remove all the fish bones so easily while we have to work removing them one by one!" Flannery complained and stood up.

"Wait a minute…" Vanessa smiled as she thought of a wonderful idea.

"What is it?"

"Shouldn't we let our new butler cook for dinner?" Vanessa said, as the two stared at each other and made wide grins on their faces.

"Yeah!"

"No! I want to cook!" Esper quickly disliked their ideas.

"Come on sis, this is the reason why Dad hired a butler." Flannery said as she went and leaned on Esper's shoulder with her arm.

"Yeah, it must be tiring, cooking for us everyday, right?" Vanessa said as she went and leaned on the other shoulder.

"But…" Esper tried to say something but Flannery quickly silenced her mouth with her finger.

"Stress can make a person look old you know? That's why we girls need to relax once in a while." Vanessa added while removing the spoon from the Espeon's hand.

"I'll go call on Lucario right now." Flannery happily said and skipped outside the living room.

"And you sis need to sit down and relax a little." The Vaporeon said and guided her to the sofa to sit down and gave her shoulders a massage, in which Esper quickly reacted with a pleasant feeling.

"Now isn't it nice? Let's let our butler friend do the work, what do you say sis?" Vaporeon continued persuading her to stay still in that sofa.

"Okay fine, you guys win. It's already stressful enough being the eldest around this house." Esper finally gave in and slouched down the sofa, grabbed the remote and began switching channels. Vanessa smiled at the first taste of victory against her.

The Lucario is busy chopping up some vegetables and placed them on a boiling pot, placed some seasonings and left the pot heated for a while as he attended to a chopping board with already prepared ingredients like tofu, diced meat, green onions, and shrimp and placed them at a wok as loud popping sounds coming from the oil in contact with the food and the aroma emitting from both the wok and the pot were mouth-watering for the sisters peeking inside the kitchen.

"I'm so hungry just by smelling that."

"I can't wait when dinner's ready."

"I know all of us will be in a big surprise."

Flannery, Vanessa and Gloria said to each other as they continued to peek and smell the aroma from the food being prepared, their tails were waving wildly, excited to the food they were going to taste soon.