Chapter 30: Summer Fever Part 2

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon or this story.
______________________________________

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise as they heard someone shouting from behind them. They all stopped in their tracks and turned around to see what was going on; but only to their fear and terror…

The Glaceon already lost her consciousness and her body just leaned towards the dangerous slope while the Lucario ran as fast as he could to reach out to her and prevent from certain doom.

"GLORIA!" He shouted as he extended his arm to grab hold of her; but alas, it was too late as she lost her balance and fell sideways.

Seeing that he couldn't reach her in time; he suddenly leapt from his position, both of his arms extended as he managed to grab hold of her body and held her tightly for he knew that they would be in the ride of their lives.

"AAAAAHHHH!" Only now that a classmate screamed in fear and panic by what she just saw before everyone started to panic as well.

But the one who was more shocked of them all was the Leafeon, her partner and her sister; as she suddenly ran towards the back of the line, forcing her way through her classmates pushing and shoving them as she tried to reach the two of them.

"GLORIA! LUCAS!" Lily shouted as she witnessed the two fell down and their bodies hit the ground and rolled downward the mountain and into a forest where they were quickly concealed from everyone's sight.

The Lucario braced himself as he tried to cover the unconscious Glaceon from getting into contact with whatever they were going to hit. He gritted his teeth in pain to the rocks, the rough ground and sharp grass and bushes that he shielded her from while keeping an eye ahead to check what they'll be hitting next.

But instead of the usual rocks and the rough ground; his eyes widened in surprise as they were approaching the edge of a cliff.

"Oh no…" He said to himself as he now tried to stop their fall as he completely laid his back against the ground, put her on top of him and placed his arms around her tightly while he dug his feet against the ground as hard as he could to slow down their fall.

"Come on!" He shouted as he put all of his strength into his legs and dug deeper while his shoes were getting the pounding of their lifetime against the ground as the two were slowly approaching the edge of the cliff.

His feet was only about a feet away from reaching the edge before they finally went into a complete stop as Lucas laid his head against the ground and sighed in relief.

Meanwhile…

"GLORIA! LUCAS!" The Leafeon shouted again and was about to leap, but she hesitated upon realizing that it was a deep fall from her position towards theirs and the two were already gone.

She fell down to her knees as her entire body began to tremble, her hands were shaking and she couldn't speak a word at all.

"Lily!" Lee quickly came over and knelt beside her as he placed an arm around her shoulder in hopes of comforting her.

Even the entire class was still stunned on what just happened… They turned towards themselves as some sat on the ground while some hugged each other for comfort as they started to panic.

"They can't be gone right?"

"Oh no…"

"But it's a very long way down this mountain!"

"This can't be happening…"

"Plus, how can we even see them through those trees?"

"EVERYONE, STAY CALM!" Suddenly, someone shouted as everyone else was silenced and turned their heads towards the Floatzel holding his speaker phone.