Chapter 28: Fight to the Finish

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon or this story.
______________________________________

"LIZZIE! LIZZIE! LIZZIE!"

"KICK LUCAS'S ASS!"

"BEAT HIM TO A PULP, LIZZIE!"

"WE'RE YOUR NUMBER ONE FANS!"

"YOU HAVE NO CHANCE LUCAS!"

"I HOPE YOU'RE READY TO GET YOUR ASS WHOOPED BY A GIRL!"

The boys cheered loudly for the Lopunny and obviously wanted her to win this round against the Lucario, who was getting more and more annoyed by their chants and curses against him.

"Heh, looks like the class is in favor of me." Lizzie mocked her opponent and smirked at him.

"Looks like someone's very confident."

"Why wouldn't I? One-on-one battling is my specialty anyway."

"So you're just going to stand there or what?" Lucas gritted his teeth.

The Lopunny didn't say a word and raised her arm at him, and waved her fingers, motioning him to come towards her, taunting him.

"Fine." Lucas quickly darted off from his location and towards her; his hands already glowing as sharp claws emerged.

Lizzie, however, stood her ground and made a battle stance, however, she still had that smirk on her face.

Lucas's attacked with a Metal Claw attack, but before he could make contact, Lizzie quickly moved her hand against his wrist with a swift blow, temporarily paralyzing his hand and cancelling the attack, as she swept her other hand against his face as it charged up with electricity and slammed against his cheek, sending him flying away from her.

'What the?" Lucas was shocked on how fast she countered back.

Lizzie dashed from her position and towards Lucas who was still in mid-air, hoping to get another hit before he hits the ground.

She raised her elbow up and slammed it straight towards Lucas's abdomen and connected before he could even defend himself, causing him to crash below the gymnasium floor.

But that wasn't over, the Lopunny jumped above him and joined her hands together and channeled up another attack; she released her hands as a bright globe of energy formed from her palms as it grew larger immediately.

"Eat this!" She smirked as she threw the Focus Blast attack against the Lucario, who was still lying on the floor and recovering from that blow.

'Watch out!' Suddenly, a voice called out to Lucas in his mind, prompting him to open his eyes and saw an incoming Focus Blast attack.

Quickly, he jumped out of the way before the attack collided, as it exploded on the ground instead.

'What the?' Lucas was surprised, somehow that voice sounded familiar to him as he took a quick glance at the bleachers where their class was seated.

'Gardenia?' He locked his eyes onto the emerald haired pokemon staring at him intently, now he knew who called out to him in his mind; although he wasn't sure if he should be happy or not that she helped him.

"Quick reflexes you got there." Lizzie said to him, although he doesn't know if she's complimenting him or just messing with him.

Lucas, however, didn't say a word as he dashed from his position, but this time, he didn't charge up an attack while Lizzie stood her ground again, waiting for him to strike so she could counterattack.

The Lucario thrusted his palm against her face, but she smirked as he fell on the same trick again, but instead of intercepting the attack, she suddenly ducked down to the floor and making a perfect split with ease as the attack missed its mark.