Chapter 12: An Odd Couple

Ding, ding, ding, dong… Ding, ding, ding, dong…

The school bells rang loudly, it's pleasant and energy surging echoes that made every student excited that it was 5:00pm = dismissal time. And in instant, the school entrance immediately opened as a swarm of students left the school to chill out and relax while some stayed probably for some extra-curricular activities or club duties. But in our favorite Lucario's case, the day wasn't over just yet…

He walked quietly towards the Alkia Elementary School where he was tasked to pick up Umber from now on starting today. Why did that happened? I wonder why…

"Shouldn't this be Gloria's job? Oh well, can't complain…" Lucas let out a sigh.

After a good few minutes of walking, he could see the entrance of the elementary school where some kids were going out with their parent or guardian along with them, carrying their backpack for them. He quietly went inside the school entrance, hoping to find that little Umbreon through that swarm of students running about wildly.

"Hey look! It's Umber's boyfriend!"

Three boys came rushing towards Lucas and all of them weren't looking too happy to see him.

"Hey you! Aren't you too old to be Umber's boyfriend?" A Pikachu pointed his finger at a shocked Lucario.

"What? Boyfriend? How'd you even know my name?" Lucas asked.

"Don't play dumb with me. Umber's been spreading to everyone that she had a Lucario as her boyfriend who is living at their house!" A Teddiursa shouted.

"She even told everyone that you two went to the movies together!" A Larvitar said.

"No fair! I wanted to go to a movie with her!"

"You guys know that she'll only go out with a handsome guy like me." Pikachu boasted and made a cool face while crossing his arms.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Wanna battle?"

"You're on!"

Then the three started quarreling in front of him, much to Lucas's shock and amazement as attacks such as Thundershock, Rock Throw and Scratch attacks were being used against each other inside that cloud of dust.

'So Umber's rather popular in here. But why is she telling everyone that?' Lucas said to himself, and slowly crept away from the three boys' fight and quickly went towards the school playground where her sisters' told him where Umber is usually at.

Shortly, he found himself at a big cage like dome where some children are inside it, climbing and swinging with full of energy. Next to it was the slides where a few boys seem to be quarreling on who gets to slide first.

"Great… Where can I find that little rascal…" Lucas said to himself as he scanned at the area with no sign of that little Umbreon, little did he know that he was about to get pounced.

"GOTCHA!" Out of nowhere, a familiar voice called out to him as Lucas turned his head towards the sky and saw the Umbreon right above him, her arms open wide.

Since Lucas wasn't prepared or expecting this, Umber landed her entire weight on his face, losing his balance and sending his back crashing on the ground.

"That was too easy, big brother!" Umber said cheerfully while hugging the Lucario's face tightly as he slowly sat himself up.

"Do you always do that?" Lucas asked.

"Yep, but Gloria always seem to know where I'm always hiding, but you, on the other hand, was a very easy target." The Umbreon replied with a giggle and helped the Lucario up as he patted off the dirt on his back.