12.5 | Forever yours

24th September 2019

Eloise awakes gently to that blissful feeling of warm, soft sunlight falling across her face.

Filtering through the gauzy balcony curtains, it dapples and dances lazily over her features.

With a languid stretch and a feline purr, she rolls over, slowly fluttering her eyes open.

But instead of the usual dishevelled chocolate curls and scrawls of black ink, this morning she finds wide, dusky blue-green eyes, raised eyebrows, honey-blonde hair, and pillowy lips - stretching into the brightest of smiles.

As the penny drops, she lets out a giggle and promptly buries her head into the pillow. Having nabbed Harry's last night, she can't help but inhale deeply, taking a moment.

Today's the day.

Rolling back up, she beams even brighter. "I'm getting married today!", she squeals in a whisper.

"You're getting married today!", Rosie repeats back, shifting the emphasis, chuckling in disbelief.

"Not if I don't bloody kill you first...", comes a warning, throaty growl from her other side. "Come on, it's way too early", Adele swats at them blindly, with a lazy arm reaching behind her back.

Shaking her off, Rosie shifts closer to Eloise and drops her voice to more of a whisper. "So, how do you feel?".

"Well, still half asleep...", Eloise admits quietly, bringing the sheet momentarily over her face to conceal a wide yawn. "But, umm...", she purses her lips, mulling it over. "Quite calm, I think? And, weirdly, a bit grown up?", she pulls a funny face. "But, mostly, just excited and eager and happy and loved up, and, God, I'm missing him already!".

"A little nervy?", Rosie suggests, raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow. "What are the odds on us needing to wheel-spin you out of here?".

Quickly shaking her head, she then pauses again to reflect. "I don't feel nervous, at all, actually". She looks a tad surprised herself.

"Not even about being the centre of attention all day?".

"You cow, don't try and make me nervous!", she swats at her shoulder. "But, no, I'm not really", she shrugs again. "Besides, yet another perk of being with Harry is that all eyes are always on him".

"Oh, bull!", Rosie serves her an epic eye-roll. "Eyes will absolutely be on you, babe - that's literally in the bride's job description!".

"Well, the only pair of eyes I care about is his", she sighs moonily.

"Oh, fucking hell! Call for help, Ro, we're losing her...", Adele snorts a laugh before promptly flipping over and piling in for a giggling, squealing, three-way hug.

>

"Right, what's the plan again?", Adele asks a while later, still snuggled in bed together. "Hit me... And I'll pay attention this time, I promise".

After shooting her a pointed look, Eloise runs through her mental list again. "Okay, so... Breakfast is being delivered here for us at 8am. Then head back to your rooms and shower, before coming back here with all your stuff, to start getting ready. Lou will be here from 8.30am to start on everyone's hair. Then she'll head back to pin it all up once she's done with H. And we can all do our make-up in-between".

Twisting, she reaches blindly for her phone on the bedside table behind her.

"Jesus!", she blanches at the notifications already rolling in, but swipes up to ignore them and quickly begins typing.