8.10 | Only you

*Trigger warning for references to that continued female health issue... I'm trying to avoid spoilers, and it will come as no surprise after 8.8 and 8.9, but it could be upsetting for some. Feel free to message me if you'd prefer more info before reading.

3rd July 2017

Eloise's dad and brother had stayed at Harry's on the Sunday night, planning to head straight back to the hospital with him for morning visiting hours.

Crispin's an early riser, so when he heads down to the kitchen in search of coffee at 6.30am, he's surprised to find Harry seated at the island unit, already hard at it. Nursing the last of his black coffee, his phones and laptop are spread in front of him as he talks quietly into his headphones, scribbling down notes.

Engrossed in his conversation, Harry doesn't hear him approaching, and almost jumps out of his skin when a hand lands on his shoulder.

They share matching exclamations of "Oh, shit!". Harry's in surprise; Crispin's at clocking the article on his laptop screen.

It's against the front wall of the house, as a distraught Harry climbs into the back of his black Range Rover, pulled up in front of the gate. The ambulance is clearly seen in the background, with the doors open as the paramedics load the stretcher. TMZ's headline reads 'More heartbreak for Harry?'.

"Hang on a second, Jeff...". Harry pulls out a bar stool for Crispin in invitation as he tugs his earbuds out and pulls the jack out of his phone, putting it on speaker.

"Jeff, meet Crispin, Eloise's dad. This is my friend and manager, Jeff. He's been liaising with the publicists and lawyers from LA", Harry explains, by means of introduction. "We're almost done, sorry. There's coffee in the pot".

Nodding, Crispin gestures to the laptop. "Thank you. Are there more photos?", he asks lowly.

"Yeah, here take a look...", Harry slides it over to him. "They're not too bad, all things considered... But I'm still fuming", he shakes his head, tugging at his dishevelled hair again.

Eyeing Crispin's reaction to the photos closely, he continues chatting with Jeff.

"Right, Jeff... You were talking about technicalities?".

"It's a stretch, but their proximity to your house and the un-blurred license plate angles might actually be enough to keep the more reputable media outlets from using them", Jeff supposes.

"Okay, it's worth a shot, I guess. Can you keep me updated with the list please? Especially if any big sites use them. Oh, and yes, to threatening embargoes. It's not about being secretive, but about morals. Or the absolute lack of them...", he scoffs. "And it's game over for TMZ, alright? They were obviously going to jump on those photos of El and push a nothing story. That's one thing; but the comments in the article about how my mum seems to be holding up? Not fucking okay either", he huffs out a ragged breath. "Alright, man, I think that was it, right? Everyone's going to be up soon, I should go. But thanks again for everything, and hope you get to sleep soon".

"No worries, H. I'll keep you updated. Give El our love, okay?".

When Harry hangs up, he twists to look at Crispin, pouring over the photos again. "She's not recognisable, is she? Or is that just my wishful thinking?".

He picks up his mug and sighs to find it empty. "Coffee?", he offers, standing up.

"Please", Crispin replies. "And no, she's not. The paramedics' legs and kit seem to have blocked any clear shots. You can see some blonde hair and tell it's a slim woman, but that's it... Although with you getting into the car, and in front of your house, it's not difficult to make the deduction, given all the rumours and all the times you've been seen together... But there are definitely no clues as to what she's being treated for". Crispin pushes the laptop away and angles the screen down, not needing the reminder of the state she was in.