13.2 | Ever ours (Epilogue)

A/N: Again, there are a couple of small shifts to the timeline... Sorry I didn't manage to finish this yesterday, but I ended up adding a whole extra section this morning, so hopefully you'll find it worth the wait?! It's a long one, so hope you're sitting comfortably..! Xx

10th June 2020

It took Harry and Eloise a while to get their heads around the incredible - if slightly terrifying - news from the ultrasound.

Giving themselves time for it to sink in, they agreed to keep it quiet for a little while longer; deciding to hold out on telling their families and closest friends until her birthday.

If he'd been off on tour, and her top-secret project would be going ahead as planned, the timing would have been terrible, but, as it happens, with a global pandemic shutting down the entertainment industries, they both have oodles of time on their hands for once.

In their little bubble of happiness - just them and their huge secret - and with nowhere else they need to be, they indulge in a fair bit of time in bed, delighting in just being back together.

In the heat of the moment, after some frantic Googling for reassurance, they'd finally reconnected intimately too. And then some... All in the name of research, of course; checking out recommended positions, and making the most of some trusty favourites too, before she's unable to lie on her back.

Naturally, it's all a little softer, slower and gentler - for the most part - but, God, it feels good.

>

As he lies sprawled across their bed - still panting and unashamedly naked, with the sheets strewn half on the floor - a smug grin stretches across his face as he lolls his head on his pillow, avidly following her progress around the bed and towards the ensuite.

Spinning suddenly back to face him, she's caught in a sunbeam from the parted gauzy curtain. It silhouettes her naked body perfectly.

Entirely distracted from what she's saying - something about lockdown measures again - his legs tangle in the sheets in his haste.

But after skidding on to his knees in front of her, he plants his hands on her hips to shift her back and forth, before spinning her around to the full-length mirror behind them.

Angling her side-on, with him still on his knees beside her, he grins up at her puzzled frown before delicately traces his index finger down the centre line of her abdomen, nodding his head towards the mirror to encourage her to look at her silhouette.

As her brow unfurrows, quizzically cocked head straightens up, and her mouth drops open, his splits into a beaming smile as he sees her moment of realisation.

With a matching smile stretching across her face too, she lifts a hand to trace it for herself, whispering, "Whoa".

As if her body realised there was no longer a need for secrecy, just a few days after their first appointment, her bump has popped - absolutely tiny as convex lines go, but definitely there.

He's immediately enraptured, and, God, makes it feeling all the more real. Jumping up, he pulls her into his arms for a kiss and tight hug, before scooping her up and depositing her back in bed. Promptly sliding in beside her, he scoots down and lies on his side alongside her stomach. His long fingers stroke, soothe, and dance playfully over her smooth skin all the while, as he drops reverent kisses and whispers in awe.

Combing a hand through his hair, she looks down at him, melting with affection and the depth of her love for him. He really is going to be the most incredible father.

Lolling his head back up, he arches into her palm. "Can we do weekly photos?", he asks excitedly.

"Do you want to do weekly photos?", she smiles indulgently.