11.11 | You're it

3rd June 2019

Once the contracts and deeds were signed, funds transferred, keys handed over, and plans approved, the renovations began in earnest.

Unfortunately for Harry, it hadn't all been entirely smooth sailing. He'd received a few worrying phone calls and then, on Thursday, even had to leave a studio session early to dash home for an emergency meeting with the developers.

After Eloise's month away, he's desperately looking forward to her return home early this afternoon, but is definitely not looking forward to one conversation in particular.

Stuck on a call with Jeff and his record label team, just prior to submitting the final album, he hadn't been able to head to Heathrow to pick her up.

Waiting anxiously, his attention is divided; with one ear on Rob Stringer and the marketing team, he keeps a close eye on the time.

>

Hearing a soft cough from behind him, he spins in his desk chair; surprise written across his face.

She's leaning against the open door, offering him a happy, if tired, smile.

With a beaming one in return, he just has the wherewithal to mute his phone as he eagerly waves her over.

Swivelling his chair with his arms open in silent invitation, she wastes no time in dropping on to his lap, draping herself over him.

Raking his curls off his forehead - all soft and springy, she knows he just left them to their own devices after a shower - she casts her eyes over his face, drinking him in.

"Hi!", she whispers brightly.

"Hi!", he grins back, keeping his voice just as soft.

"God, I've missed you".

"Ahh, that's sweet...", he leans forward to drop a kiss to her neck before stretching up to whisper in her ear. "But my fiancée would be pretty pissed to hear that".

Her swat at his arm and epic eye roll break his straight face. Creasing into giggles, he reaches a hand up to rake her hair out of her face, running the silky strands through his fingers. It's growing out now, sitting a couple of inches below her shoulders, but it stills holds the dark rinse from her Knives Out character, Marta.

"I'm kidding! I've really, really missed you, baby... And, for the record, you are also smoking hot as a brunette".

"Don't get used to it", she scoffs quietly. "Ugh, I can't wait to feel like me again!".

"I'll take you any which way I can get, you know that", his lips quirk into a dimpled grin. "But...", he adds, leaning closer and dropping his voice lower, "I'm on mute, why are we whispering?".

With an exasperated shake of her head, she strokes a finger down his sharp jaw before angling it up for a reunion kiss.

But they're soon interrupted. As Jeff repeats his name to direct a question his way, Harry scoots them back around to face the desk so he can reach for his phone.

Folding her long legs up, she snuggles into his lap and drops her head to his chest, eyes closing at the soothing thrum of his heart and the vibration of his chest as he talks.

>

She comes to with him twirling the ends of her hair, peppering kisses to the crown of her head.

Burrowing further into his lap, she checks he's finished the call before mumbling around a yawn. "Sorry... Just need some coffee".

After rubbing her hands over her face she sits up and twists to face him, mustering some energy to give him a full-throttle smile. "Hi!".