3.9 | You & I

A/N: Trigger warning - this chapter references to some feelings and symptoms relating to bereavement.

8th July 2015 (very early morning)

They're all mingling and chatting around their booth when a sample of MC Hammer's Can't Touch This drops in the middle of a high tempo mix, blaring through the speakers. Goofing around, Eloise does the dance - pretty flawlessly, despite her high heels.

She laughs as Rosie and Liam fail to master it; her instructions evidently too much after all the shots they've been throwing back.

Wildly impressed, Lottie and Lou squeal and accuse her of holding out on them. They drag her and the other girls straight to the dance floor of the VIP section.

>

A while later, Mer drops into Ben's lap, complaining she can't keep up and is getting too old for this shit.

She leans over to Harry. "What on earth are you doing over here, Styles? Your girl's on fine form! I haven't seen her let loose on a dance floor in ages. Completely oblivious to all the the attention she's getting in that dress, mind", she rolls her eyes fondly.

Ben just grunts in response before Harry shoots out of his seat, a few of the other boys trailing in his wake.

>

"...To the bang bang boogie say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat". Eloise is laughing and dancing, rapping along to a sample of Rapper's Delight with Adele when she feels familiar big hands wrap around her from behind.

His hips nestle closely behind hers, following her lead as she moves flawlessly to the reverberating beat. Pulling her hair over one shoulder, he leans over the other to rap along lowly in her ear.

She laughs with glee and leans back against his chest as the song finishes and Harry's whispers turn lewd, explaining in graphic detail what he plans to do to her when they're alone. The tequila has most definitely hit him and she loves it.

It takes her foggy brain a beat to notice that the boys and girls have subtly boxed them into the corner of the dance floor, providing some privacy. Smirking mischievously, she shimmies around him so that she's pressed to the corner with his back to the crowd. She steps even closer and gives him a handsy, non-verbal sneak preview of what she intends to do to him later.

They're pulled from their dirty dancing when Adele leans in to shout over the thumping bass that they're going outside for a smoke.

"Need some air?", he asks. Cupping the nape of her neck, he twists her long hair loosely around his fist. She delights at the air hitting her flushed skin.

"God, yes", she nods, and grabs his hand quickly as Adele pulls hers, tugging them towards the doors to the terrace.

"I need to check on Louis", he says quietly in her ear, squeezing her shoulder as he leaves her with Adele, Rosie, Liam and a bunch of the others.

Louis had been noticeably off and relatively quiet for most of the night, spending most of it just talking with Lottie, Will or Paul. It's nearing 1am and the last time Harry had seen him, he'd been knocking back a string of shots hard.

Spotting him smoking in the corner, Harry takes a deep breath before heading over, dragging Niall with him for moral support.

>

It turns out Louis is antsy because Will gave him the heads up earlier that People magazine have caught wind of his baby news. They're due to publish an exposé next week and their publicists can't stop it. He's feeling conflicted, worried how everyone will react.