12.1 | Forever yours

16th September 2019

"What about cufflinks, babe?", Eloise singsongs to Harry as he walks back into the kitchen.

Twisting to eyeball him, she just catches him mouth a curse before promptly spinning on his heel to head back upstairs.

Grinning smugly, as she turns back to the leather holdall she's been trying to zip closed, she catches Anne smirking into her cup of tea at the island and they share a knowing giggle.

When he jogs back down again, Harry snatches the list from in front of his mum before she can even open her mouth. "Oh, for God's sake, just give it here", he sasses, brow furrowing as he combs over it himself before promptly heading back upstairs again, muttering under his breath.

If either of them should be disorganised and running around like a headless chicken, by rights, it should be Eloise.

Only having finished shooting season three of Killing Eve on Friday afternoon, she'd left the wrap party after just one drink and has barely sat down since.

It's been a whirlwind weekend, for sure; with a trip to the hairdresser, a manicure and pedicure, picking up favours for her bridesmaids, collecting her veil and shoes, some hasty shopping, and then frantic packing, packing, packing.

And Harry's been hard at it too; buying cases of their favourite spirits, sneakily collecting gifts, curating playlists... But, evidently, perhaps with a little less time and rigour packing.

>

In fact, the whole summer had passed equally in a blur. They'd been in London throughout, but both incredibly busy.

Eloise had been embroiled in pre-production for Killing Eve, then shooting the first block of filming from mid-July; mostly in London, but with a few trips to Barcelona and Romania too.

Harry juggled endless meetings, planning for the album's release - promotion and marketing plans, tour scheduling, merchandising; plus some early interviews and photoshoots too. It's safe to say they're going all out for the new album; Columbia is super excited.

In early August, he'd travelled to Cancun, Mexico, to shoot the video for the first single, Lights Up.

Then, after a pit-stop in New York for yet more meetings, he hadn't been in London for long before flying up to Scotland at the end of the month. There they shot the video for Adore You, the second single, in a little fishing village just east of Edinburgh.

Besides work commitments, it had seemed like their every other waking moment was dominated with house renovation or decorating chatter and decisions needed, or else, wedding planning. 

>

Needless to say, Emma, Harry's assistant, had been a godsend.

Hannah too - Eloise's shiny new assistant.

Feeling overwhelmed at juggling quite so much, she'd finally succumbed to mounting pressure from both Harry and her agent, Charles, but struck gold in Hannah.

A few years older than her, she's not only experienced and great at her job, but pretty much un-ruffle-able, as much as Eloise can tell so far, and fast becoming a firm and trusted friend too.

Their parents and Gemma have all been incredibly helpful too, stepping in when they'd been away or working all hours.

Anne headed back down to London a couple of days ago, just to lend a hand, before she's due to fly out, with Gemma and Michal, on Friday morning.

As an added bonus, she'll be staying at the house for the rest of the week, so can bring anything they might, inevitably, overlook.

"Passports?", she asks, stepping out the ever-joyful pink front door.