3.2 | You & I

4th July 2015 (continued)

Having nodded along to everyone's requests - watermelon, hummus, ice cream; check - they're soon heading out, with Harry juggling Ben's car keys as he opens the front door for Eloise.

She hesitates on the front step and turns abruptly as she hears him close the door.

"Did you forget someth-, oof!", he grunts, as she steps in and throws her arms around him, nuzzling her face into his neck where she can't resist pressing a gentle kiss.

Wrapping his arms tightly around her, he murmurs into her ear, "Oh El, I know...".

Then they're close and quiet and still, just breathing each other in, taking a moment. Their first, together, alone.

Unwrapping his hands from around her waist, he glides them up her sides until he's cradling her face reverently. His eyes track intently between hers, piercingly blue, and her lips, invitingly pink.

But then he's distracted by something in his peripheral vision and peers around her to see a sleepy Julia getting out of James' car.  With a frustrated groan, he drops a kiss to her forehead before stepping around her to lend a hand with the kids.

>

Minutes later, they're finally in the car and she's buckling her seat belt when his deep voice captures her attention, "Hey, El...?".

She looks up and he's leaning over the centre console towards her, hand reaching to cup her cheek before sliding around to grasp her neck and pull her into him. Their lips meet. Once. Twice. Then again.

Then Harry leans back to pull her sunglasses down from where they're perched on top of her head, booping her nose before landing a final peck on her pouting lips. "We've got all the time in the world for that... But Niall needs feeding", he quips with a smirk.

He nudges the car forward until the gate starts sliding open, then signals left and merges into the traffic towards downtown Malibu.

>

After a minute to find a parking space at Ralph's, they're walking across the lot.

She's conscious of the crowds, but with everyone busy with their own errands for the holiday, she doesn't register more than passing glances in their direction. Reassured, she steps closer, letting their arms and hands brush before nudging his hip playfully in the doorway.

They soon fill a trolley. Lemons, limes, mangos, watermelon. Harry deliberates over choosing perfectly ripe bananas. Coffee, milk, eggs, bread, bacon. Salads and a platter of crudités. Crisps, dips. She adds olives, to his horror.

Dashing off whilst he loads items at the checkout, she returns, triumphantly brandishing Minute Maid frozen limeade and ice creams.

Nearing closer, she sees he's distracted signing an autograph for the cashier, and surreptitiously sidles around him to swipe her card. He protests at the 'beep beep', shaking his head at her before gathering up the bags.

Then, deciding to keep the parking space, they head to the liquor store around the corner on foot instead.

The playful banter and flirtatious touches continue, his fingers trailing down her arm to tangle with hers before they reach the door.

Beer, wine, champagne, vodka, tequila, mixers. With a grunt she heaves one of the bags off the counter, biting her lip at the devilish glint in his eye. She hasn't seen party boy Harry in action for a while, but knows to brace herself for later.

Clinking bottles stashed carefully in the boot, they're back in the car and decide to make a final stop to pick up some sushi for everyone for lunch.

>