8.14 | Only you

A/N: This is the continuation of the action from 8.13 (posted the other day, in case you didn't receive a notification). This part has a trigger warning for something that could be sensitive for some... I won't call it out here to avoid any spoilers, but I've dropped some hints so you should get a heads up if it's problematic for you. Or feel free to message me if you want any more info... Xx

25th August 2017 (continued)

They're both still reeling from their unexpected early morning spat, but the silent treatment wasn't strictly intentional.

Eloise simmers down a bit whilst in the make-up chair. Taking a long hard look at yourself in the mirror under harsh fluorescent lighting at 7am in the morning is certainly one way to give yourself a bit of a talking to.

With the red mist abated, she can actually take a minute to stop and think and reason it out.

Shit, is this what Harry's been seeing when he looks at her lately? Frazzled, stressed and on edge; shoulders hunched defensively. An exhaustion so deep, poor Lucy's already had to apply a third layer of under-eye concealer.

If anyone knows about crazy schedules, the weight of heavy expectations and an immense pressure to succeed, it's Harry. She knows she's her own toughest critic - something else they share in common - but feeling like everyone wants a piece of you and scrutinises your every move? He's lived that every day since he was sixteen.

If anyone can understand how she's been feeling, it would be him. God, she's so lucky to have him.

And really, how much time has she had for him recently?

That he gets jealous is nothing new. That he snaps and says more than he means when he's stressed or worried or anxious? Well, that's not a trait of his alone, she'll concede.

What on earth was she playing at? Pushing his buttons and riling him up and invalidating what he's been feeling? She went too far, and she knows it.

But, man, is she tired though. And on edge from three weeks now of tiptoeing around him, sensitive to the mood she knows he's been trying to keep a lid on. But she gets it; she's nervous about long distance again too. All the more so when they'll both be under such pressure.

With a deep breath, she resolves to start making it up to him.

As a peace offering, she snaps her wardrobe selfie on the way out to set - keen to hear his thoughts on the brunette wig - but an urgent script question has her distracted before she can hit send.

The rest of the day is just as manic.

>

Harry has been distracted as well; a little too riled to settle down for their last full day of rehearsals.

They're sounding great, and know all the tracks and the details of the show inside out and back to front already. There are still details to be refined in California ahead of the first show, but, for now, they're as prepared as they can be, so they blow off some steam instead.

Goofing around, they stumble across a melody that stirs something in Harry, and he promptly falls into a black hole with Mitch and Tom.

>

A good few hours later and they have a new track roughly laid down. Perhaps a fun little something they can polish quickly and debut on tour.

Fucking 'El. Geddit? Yeah okay, he wouldn't dare... It's just working title; he'll settle on a replacement name soon enough.

Eloise simply has no idea what she does to him. Of course he's jealous. Of course he's apprehensive about the distance. Of course he'd lashed out like an arsehole. Worryingly true to form.