Chapter 87

Stephanie's POV

 Lily's in love with Matt.

Of course, I should've known. That's why back at the beach house she tried to get on my good side. That's why she faked being friends with me and then took me out to the club that night, just so some gross disgusting guy would take advantage of me. That's why she made Jake take me home that night so it would look bad when I came back home to Matt. 

"But why would she hurt Matt?" I ask, referring to the incident that happened yesterday.

"Well see, she's trying to do everything she can to tear you guys apart." Alexis says with a sigh, "She figured that if he ended up in jail that you would be gone."

"But he didn't go to jail, he was just in a holding cell." I say.

"You're welcome." She smiles.

"Wait..." I pause.

"The drugs weren't illegal, Matt was fine. All I gave him was some pill that makes you pass out." She says, "They kept him at the police station for the night just to make sure he was okay."

I'm left speechless. "But.. what about Lily? Did she know?"

"Lily set everything up for me to go to the beach that night and take Matt. Little did she know that I switched things around." Alexis smiles, "I called the police to have them take Matt and I told Lily that her plan worked out. When in reality, it didn't."

"Once I saw you and Nash arrive, I told the cops to tell you guys that he was going to jail for posession of illegal drugs." She sighs, "I didn't mean to upset you at the time, I just panicked."

Suddenly we both hear a door open, making both of us jump. 

"Shit." Alexis whispers and looks at me.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs to the basement and Alexis quickly stands up. She grabs me by my arm and drags me along behind her. 

"Don't make a noise." She whispers to me as she opens a door to a small closet. She lightly pushes me inside and closes it, leaving me in the cold dark area.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and notice all the missed calls and texts from Matt. 

Where are you?

Steph, I'm so sorry about earlier. I was in a bad mood and I didn't mean to snap at you. I need to know where you are and why you're not answering my calls

Babe :(

I feel my heart ache just by reading his texts, so I quickly type back.

I'm fine.. we need to talk. 

After I send it, I lock my phone and lean my head against the door.

"Why can't you just let all of this go?" I hear Alexis raising her voice.

"Do you want Cameron back or not?" The oh-so familiar voice of Lily snaps.

Silence.

"Do you?!" Lily yells.

"Yes." Alexis mumbles.

"Then you'll do what I tell you to do, got it?" Lily says. Alexis must've nodded her head or something because I hear Lily laugh. "Good. Now... If Stephanie isn't back in New York in 2 weeks, I'm exposing you and you're gonna go back to rehab."

My jaw drops.

There is no way Lily can do this. She can't just blackmail people into doing all this crazy shit, just so she can end up with a guy. My guy.