Chapter 70

Stephanie's POV

"You need to get out of the house sweetie." My mom whines as she waits by the door, "Just come shopping with me, I'll let you get some new clothes." She says as I sink further into the couch. 

"No I'm good." I grab the remote and change the channel. 

I have two more days of school left before break and I just don't feel like doing anything right now. Especially go outside in the freezing weather just to go to the mall with my mom. She then starts bribing me with stuff or says that if I don't go with her, then I won't get any gifts for Christmas. I let out a loud groan and get off the couch, throwing on my jacket and Uggs.

"Fine, I'll come." I roll my eyes and make my way out into the car, hitting my feet on the side to get all the snow off. 

As we start driving down the road, my mom begins the conversation. "How's school going?" She asks, taking a left at the light. 

"Good." I shrug.

"Are you planning on going to Winterball this Friday with your friends?" She asks. Winterball is a big deal with my school. It's usually right before Christmas break and it's almost as big as prom. It's held at my school in the gym and the decorating committe transforms the place so it looks like a white wonderland. It's actually really pretty. 

"I don't know." I look out the window, "I'm not really into that stuff anymore."

"Oh c'mon! It'll be fun!" My mom says, "I think you should definitely go. Enjoy high school while it lasts." She smiles.

I laugh, "I mean, I guess I could go." 

We pull into the parking lot at the mall and walk inside. I follow my mom around as she picks out Christmas decorations for around the house. We make our way around to most of the stores, but my mom stops as we walk by a dress store. She backs up and motions me to come in. I groan again, but follow her in.

"If you're gonna go, you need a dress." She smiles, pointing at different dresses hanging around the place. "I personally think you should go with white." She takes one off the hanger and holds it up to me.

"Ew no, not that one." I push the dress away and she hangs it back up. I walk around the store, analyzing each dress. I find a cute purple one, but my mom said no. She said that it 'wouldn't match'. Match with what? The gym?

A store lady asked if we needed any help, and my mom said yes. That I needed a white dress for a school ball/dance. 

The lady looks at me up and down then smiles, "I have the perfect one." She says, then leads us to the back of the store. She pulls a bag off the hanger, revealing a long, white, strapless dress. I was in love.

She slowly hands it to me as I take it from her hands, staring at how pretty it is. "Go try it on." The lady smiles, pointing to the dressing room.

About 10 minutes later, I walk out of the dressing room. My moms jaw drops as I stand in front of her. "It's perfect." She says. 

I walk in front of the mirror to look at myself. The dress was long that it just touched the floor, it was strapless and revealed the top of my chest and back. There was a silk band at the top, lining the top of my bust. It was gorgeous. As I continued staring at my reflection, I suddenly thought of Matt. Oh how I wish he could see me in this dress. I need to feel what it felt when he called me beautiful.

"Is that the one?" My mom walks up behind me, looking at my dress in the mirror.

I nod my head and smile, "It's the one."

...

Matt's POV

Me and Nash just got finished filming an "Ask Nash & Matt" video for Nash's YouTube channel, which was fun. My mom kept calling me during the video, wanting to know all the details of what was happening on Friday. I tried explaining to her that I couldn't talk, that I was filming a video. But she called back anyways. Thanks mom.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom and began packing my bags. I'll be flying into New York tomorrow, then staying the night in a hotel. As I throw my clothes in my bag, I start to remember when we were are all leaving the beach house. I was laying on Steph's bed 2 days before we left and watched her fold her clothes nicely before putting them in her suitcase. I remember asking her why she packed so early, yet she complained that I hadn't started packing yet. I told her that I would just do it the night before we left. And I did.

I stand up and walk to my closet, slowly pulling out a huge bag that was on a hanger. I gently fold it, then place it at the top of all my clothes and hoped that it wouldn't get wrinkled. It was very important. When I was done, I zipped the suitcase and leaned it against my bed for the night. 

I went back downstairs to see Nash sitting at the counter, eating popcorn while scrolling through his phone. "Bro." He says, motioning for me to come sit next to him, "Look at this picture."

I grab the phone out of Nash's hand and zoom in on the picture. She was so breathtaking. She stood there, wearing a gorgeous white dress that matched my suit. Her long blonde hair flowed down past her chest as she had a beautiful smile on her face. I read the caption to the picture she had just posted. "My dress for Winterball this year!" It said.

"She's so hot." Nash says as he takes his phone back to look at it the picture. He quickly glances up at me, realizing what he just said. "Oops I'm sorry." He laughs.

"Yeah. That's what I thought." I roll my eyes and sit next to him, reaching for the bag of popcorn.

"She's gonna be so surprised." Nash says, "I wish I could be able to see the look on her face when she first sees you."

I smile and glance down, "I hope she'll be happy to see me." I sigh.

"She will be. I know she will." Nash throws a piece of popcorn in the air, then catches it in his mouth.

A few minutes go by of Me and Nash throwing popcorn in the air at each other, seeing who can catch it in their mouth. Nash won. It suddenly got more serious, when Nash cleared his throat and began to talk. "You know.. I never really apologized to you." He says, looking down.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Like... when I kissed Stephanie." He says quietly, not making eye contact with me. "I really am sorry bro. I knew you two were together and I just ruined it. I fucking ruined it." He sighs.

"Don't worry about it." I tell him, remembering how pissed I was at Nash after I found out. "It was awhile ago anyways. It's all good." I pat him on the back, assuring him.

"Just don't do it again." I point at him before making my way up the stairs, then laughing afterwards. We've been getting along so great together and I love having him to joke around with. It was now getting late and I figured it was time for me to go to bed since I have to get up early in the morning. I have to be at the airport at 6 AM. Ugh.