Chapter 95

(LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK, ENJOYYYYYYY!!!! pls don't be sad.)

Stephanie's POV

When I woke up around 10 AM, everything around me just seemed so quiet. I reached across the bed, but it was empty on the other half. Which I knew it was, so I don't know why I even tried. 

After staring at the ceiling for about five minutes, I finally decide to get out of bed and begin packing everything I have here. I know it hurts, but I have to.

I just want what's best for Matt. I want what's best for both of us. I don't want to hold him back from living his dream and I can't have him hold me back. Everything between us just happened so fast and it was hard to keep up. I will always love him, but I'm starting to realize that it's time to move on. 

When I'm finally done packing all of my stuff, I zipper up my suitcases and set them on the floor near the door. I go into the bathroom to clean myself up a bit so I don't look too exhausted and then I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. 

I'm surprised when I see Alexis sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. 

"You're still here?" I ask and sit down across from her. 

She nods her head and sighs, "Yeah, Cam said I could stay the night."

"How are things with you and him?" I ask, noticing that she doesn't seem too happy to be here.

"Good." She shrugs, but I still don't understand. Wouldn't she be more happy about this? "Look, the reason I came here yesterday was to tell you that.."

"No don't tell me, I already know." I hold my hand up to stop her from talking, "Lily gave you two weeks and time's almost up."

Alexis doesn't say anything.

"I'm going back home in eight hours, it's official." I say.

"What? What about Matt?" She pulls her eyebrows together and looks up at me, "Steph you can't do this, I won't let you."

I shrug, "It's too late."

"You don't want to fight for Matt?"

"I've already made my decision Lex, I'm going home." I say and stand up. 

"But why?" She asks and stands up also.

"Because!" I yell, "I dropped everything I had just to move out here! I lost my education and I don't even know if I'll be able to go back! What if I want to do something with my life? What if I wanted to go to college, but now I can't because I dropped out of fucking high school! What if I want a job or a car? Oh that's right, I don't even have my license yet!" I yell and run my fingers through the roots of my hair.

Alexis stays silent, so I calm down a little and continue, "I hate making this about myself, I really do. But I can't just sit here and go nowhere. I want to do something with my life, therefore I need to go back home and think."

"I'm going to London." Alexis blurts out.

"What?" I look at her, confused.

"I got an internship there and I'm going. Steph, I'm moving to England next week." She bites her lip to keep from crying. 

My jaw drops and I'm speechless. I eventually walk up to her and give her a tight hug. We cry into each others shoulders and for some reason, this feels like a goodbye.

"I'm so proud of you." I say and finally pull away from her to wipe my cheeks.

"That's another reason why I came here." She sniffs, "To say goodbye."