Chapter 34

Stephanie's POV

After I pull away from the kiss, I can't help but smile. But, I also feel regret.

"Wow." Nash says, as he's smiling also.

"Yeah...umm, that was.." I start to say but Nash interupts me, "..Amazing."

I smile and nod my head, "Um, we should probably get back to the hotel now." 

"Yeah good idea." He laughs, "I'll help you back on your board."

"Okay thanks." 

Since my surfboard was connected to my foot, I grab the rope and pull the board closer to us. Once our boards are lined up, Nash grabs my hand and helps me back on my board so that I don't fall. When I'm finally back on, we both lay down on our stomachs and start paddling back to shore. 

Eventually, we get back to the beach. We lay our surfboards in the sand and we dry off with our towels. I throw my crop top on over my bikini and slide into my jean shorts, while Nash puts his shirt back on. We grab our towels and surfboards and head back to the surf shop to return the boards. 

After we return our boards, we walk down the street back to our hotel.

"So I'm guessing you're feeling better now?" I ask Nash, as we were walking.

"Yeah I am." He says, "And I'm guessing you haven't started packing yet?" 

I start laughing, "Yup you're right!" I say and Nash smiles. 

"Oh my god!! Nash Grier!!" I hear some girls yell from behind us. I turn around and 3 girls were running towards us. 

We stop walking when the girls finally reach us, "Can we get a picture with you?!" One girl asks Nash. 

Nash looks over at me, then back at the girls. "Yeah sure." He says, smiling. 

"Yay!! Can you take the picture for us?" The girl asks me, while handing me her phone. 

"Yeah." I say, taking her phone. I hold the phone up while Nash puts his arms around all the girls and smiles. I take a few pictures and when I'm done, I hand the phone back to the girl. 

"Thank you so much!" She says, "Wait, aren't you Matt Espinosa's girlfriend??" One of the girls asks me. 

"Um.." I glance over at Nash and he just stares at the ground. "Yeah I am." I say to the girls and smile.

"Oh my god! Where is he?" 

"Um, I'm not sure." I say, lying. I look back over at Nash. "We actually have to get going." I say to the girls. 

"Oh okay. Love you Nash!!!"  

"Ha, love you too!" He says.

We start to walk away and I notice that the girls were taking a lot of pictures of us and giggling to each other.

The walk back to the hotel was kind of quiet between us now, but eventually we make it back. We walk up to our rooms and before we go in, we stop in the hallway right outside of our doors. 

"Today was a lot of fun." Nash smiles. 

I lean my back up against the wall and smile, "Yeah It was."

Nash walks closer to me. "So, what's gonna happen now?.." 

I glance down at the floor and sigh. "I don't know.." I say, quietly. "But please don't tell anyone."

"Trust me, I would never do that." He says and slowly grabs my hand, which makes me get butterflies in my stomach. 

"Nash." I say, almost whispering as our hands were now interlocked and our bodies were pretty much touching.  

"Matt doesn't have to know." He says, quietly. 

I close my eyes and sigh again. "I really like you Nash." I say and look up at his beautiful blue eyes. "But I just don't think I can do this.."

"I know, I know.." He says and starts to get mad.

"Don't get mad, please."  

Before he says anything else, he backs away from me, turning around to go into his room. He opens his door and walks in, but just before he closes it he turns around to look at me. "I really like you too, Steph.." He says, then shuts the door. 

I was left standing there in the hall, all alone. I turn around and go to open my door, but as I turn the handle it wouldn't open. "No no no no.." I say, while searching in my pockets for the room key. "Shit." I sigh, once I realize that I left the room key inside the room. I heavily breathe out and sit down against the wall, while covering my face with my hands. 

I refuse to go knock on Nash's door after what just happened between us. Therefore, I decide to just wait for everyone else to get back from Magcon. 

About an hour went by and I was still sitting on the floor against the wall. I grab my phone and decide to text Matt to ask where he was. But, I get no reply. "Ugghhh, c'mon Matt." I say to myself. I wait 10 more minutes and he still doesn't text me back, so I try to call him. It keeps ringing and ringing and it eventually goes to his voicemail, so I just hang up. "Of course." I lean my head against the wall and just keep waiting. 

A few minutes later, I jump when I heard Nash's door open. 

"What are you doing?" He asks, looking at me on the ground.

"Oh, Umm..nothing...I just forgot my room key, that's it." I shrug and look up at him.

"So you've been sitting out here for like 2 hours??" He asks. "You know you could've just knocked on my door and I would've let you in..." 

"Yeah, well.. I didn't want to bother you.." I say, still sitting on the floor. 

I hear Nash sigh. "So you don't want to come in.." 

"No, I'm fine." I say, trying not making eye contact with him.

At that moment, I hear the elevator open and I see a bunch of boys coming down the hallway. I quickly stand up, realzing that it was them. 

"YO NASH!" Cameron yells and runs up to him, as they high five. I roll my eyes at him and just wait for Matt. 

"Hey Steph!" Carter says, walking up to the door and opening it with his room key. 

"Hey." I say, "Where's Matt?" 

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" Carter asks. 

"Tell me what??" I ask.

"He had to get the earliest flight back home to Virginia. His grandmother just passed away." He says.

"Are you serious?" I ask. In the corner of my eye, I see Nash looking at me but I refuse to look at him. "What?? Is he alright? He never called to tell me.. " 

"Yeah, he was in a rush to get to the airport. Sorry Steph." Carter sighs as he walks into the room. 

Suddenly all these thoughts run through my mind. Is he still coming to Florida with us? Is he okay? 

I let the door slam before I even walk in. I notice that all the boys went into their room.. except for one. Nash.

I stand there as still as possible, as I feel my eyes start to water. "Why wouldn't he tell me that?" I ask, quietly. I realize that it was an emergency and he had to get back to his family, but it still kind of upsetted me and I felt really bad for him.

Nash starts to walk over to me slowly as I just stand in the same spot. "I'm sure he was going to tell you, he just had no time too." He says, trying to cheer me up. 

Then, I feel the tears start to fall down my cheek and I fall into Nash's arms. He holds me tight, while rubbing my back and rests his head on top of mine. "It's okay." He says, "Now you can sit with me on the plane ride to Florida." 

I smile into his chest and then lean back to look at him. "Thanks Nash." I say and wrap my arms around him.

---

Hmmm, so what do you think so far?? 

Who do you like better? :)