Chapter 86

Stephanie's POV

My back hits the wall and my hand reaches up to cover my face. It's because of you. Matt's words replay over and over in my mind.

Matt stays silent and instead of saying anything, he just walks over to turn the water on. He takes his shirt off and throws it on the floor, sighing loudly. 

"Why me?" I break the silence. 

"I don't know." Matt mumbles.

Once again, it's silent between us and completely awkward. 

"Are you gonna shower with me or not?" Matt snaps, unbuttoning his pants.

"How are you so calm about all of this?" I walk towards him, "You were literally just in a holding cell because some crazy chick overdosed you, and she said she did it because of me and you're not gonna tell me why?!" My tone becomes more harsh by every word. 

"I'll take that as a no." He says, opening the shower curtain to step in. 

I swallow the big lump in my throat to keep me from crying. Why is he acting like this? 

"So you're not worried about this? Not even a little bit?" I pull my eyebrows together and cross my arms. "I thought you hated Lily." 

He shrugs, "Can I just take my shower in peace, please?"

I shake my head and let out a small laugh, "Fuck you." I say and walk out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. 

I leave Matt's room and walk to the end of the hall and go into mine. I shut the door and lock it. I grab a bag out of the closet and stuff a few of my clothes and other things in it. After I'm done, I zip it up and throw it on my bed, then grab my phone off the dresser. I go to the first person in my contacts and press call. 

After a few rings, the familiar voice answers with a "Hello?"

"Hi Alexis." I say.

"Steph?" She asks, confused. I hear some rumbling on the other end as she continues, "Listen, I can't really talk right now." Her voice gets quieter.

"Wait." I say before she hangs up, "Are you with Lily?"

"I have to go Steph, I'm sorry." Her voice sounds sad.

"Lex, please, just answer me." A tear strolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

"Yes, I am." She sighs.

"Why?" My voice cracks.

"She blackmailed me into doing it, I didn't want to but I had to, I'm so sorry." She talks quickly and it even sounds like she's crying, "I love Cameron, I love him so much and I didn't want to let him go." I hear rumbling again as she pauses.

"Alexis?" 

"I never meant to hurt you and Matt." Is the last thing she says before she hangs up.

I pull my phone away from my ear and just stare at it before throwing it on the ground. I run my hands down my face and cry into them. How did all of this even happen?

I pick my phone up off the floor and decide to text Alexis instead.

Where are you? I manage to type out and click send.

After a couple minutes of waiting, she finally answers with a street address. I grab the bag off my bed and sneak out my door and stop at Matt's. He's still showering, of course. I roll my eyes and go down the stairs and out the front door. 

I walk out in the streets of the gorgeous LA and call out for a taxi. Eventually, one finally stops and I get in and tell him the address that Alexis gave me.