Chapter 73

Matt's POV

"So do you want to come back with me?" I ask, leaning back to look at her.

"Of course!!" She squeals and jumps into me again, making me stumble backwards but I catch myself. I laugh into her shoulder as her legs wrap around my waist. She's holding me so tight right now, that I can barely breathe. I don't mind though. I just smile and hold her just as tight. 

"Good." I mumble into her hair, breathing in her scent. It felt amazing to have Steph back in my arms. The moment I first saw her standing in the middle of the dancefloor with the spotlight shining down on her, my heart just about dropped. It's only been four months since I last saw her, but it felt like so much longer. I was honestly so surprised when I talked to her mom on the phone and she told me that she wouldn't mind if Steph came back with me. Although she was very worried about the whole school situation, but I told her that I would help her. If she needed any help with the work, I would be more than glad to show her how it's done. But secretly, we probably won't be doing much school work. I want her all to myself and we'll finally be alone. Too bad the other guys are there though.. or we could do so much more stuff.

I laugh at my thoughts and finally set Steph back on the floor. "Let's go outside." I tell her. It's now almost 11 pm, but the dance is still going hard core and it's also really really hot in here. 

"Okay." She smiles. I start to lead her out of the gym once again, but she stops quickly and I turn around to look at her. "I'll be right back, hang on." She says and walks away into the crowd. I sigh and lean up against the wall to wait for her. I watch her from afar as she goes up to Alexis and gives her a hug. I actually totally forgot about Alexis until now. 

I notice Alexis wiping her eyes, then Steph leans in to give her a hug. They talk for a few more minutes and I'm starting to get really impatient. Like seriously Alexis, you're waisting my time with Steph. 

"Sorry about that." Steph pops up out of no where and smiles.

"Is she okay?" I ask, referring to Alexis.

"Yeah, she's just a little sad right now. You probably heard about her and Cameron already though." She says.

"What?" Her and Cameron were going strong like.. yesterday. "What happened?"

"He just called her and broke up with her." Steph sighs and leans into my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist. 

"Why?" I ask. I swear to god, Cameron was still drooling over her yesterday on the phone with me while I was in my hotel room. I was telling him about how I was gonna show up at the dance to surprise Steph and he was so jealous. He told me he wished he could come with me and do that for Alexis, but him and Nash were busy and had meetings for this new movie thing they're doing. I don't really know. But why would he just randomly break up with her? It doesn't make sense to me.

"I'm not sure." She shrugs, "Alexis said that he has his eye on some other girl."

"Oh." Is all I say. I don't really want to talk about them anymore, I just want to be with Steph. "C'mon." I say, grabbing her hand and finally walk out of the gym and outside.

Snow is piled up on the ground and Steph slides her black northface on to keep her warm. White flakes lightly land on the fur on the outside of her jacket, making it look like there's white polka dots all over her. Then I realize that my suit is all covered in little white specks also. It's a lot colder here than it is in California. At least it's somewhat warm there, but not here. It's freezing.

I wrap my arm around her as we walk towards the parking lot. "You're coming to the hotel with me." I tell her. There's no way she's gonna go back home and not spend the night with me. I don't care what her parents think. She's staying with me.

"And what if I don't want to?" She smirks and playfully nudges me with her elbow.

"Fine then." I take my arm off of her, "I hope you have fun sleeping alone in the cold."

"Matt!" She squeals and grabs my arm, making me stop walking and face her. "I was kidding!" She pouts.

"I know babe." I laugh and kiss her forehead. I pull her into me and hug her tight, while resting my chin on her head. "You have a lot of catching up to do." I laugh and pull away, slipping her fingers through mine as we continue to walk.

"What do you mean?" She asks and looks up at me.

"Like, a lot of crazy shit has happened. With the boys and other stuff." I laugh.

"Good stuff?" She asks.

"Good and bad." I shrug. "But I'll tell you a different day."

"No tell me now." She pouts and stops me again.

I sigh and turn to face her, "Tomorrow." I promise her. "It's too cold to be outside right now, so let's just get a taxi and go back to the hotel okay?" I bend down a little so I can look in her eyes.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes. 

I pull out my phone to call a taxi and within 10 minutes of standing in the freezing snow, it finally comes. I let Steph crawl in first, then I get in behind her. She immedietely cuddles into me, shivering. I wrap my arms around her and rub them quickly up and down her arms to keep her warm. We arrive at the hotel and luckily there's no girls waiting in the lobby for me. I grab Steph's hand and quickly go into the elevator. I just want to get to the room already.

The second we get into the elevator, I push Steph against the wall and run my hands down her waist. She smiles really big, while grabbing neck. I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to kiss her again. And with that, I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers forcefully. She lightly moans into the kiss which makes my insides go crazy. Suddenly the elevator door opens and a very old lady comes in, with a smile on her face.

I quickly pull away from Steph and act like we weren't just doing anything. When I looked up at the number of which floor we were on, I realized that we haven't even moved yet. I clear my throat as I can hear Steph quietly giggling next to me.

"You know. Back in my day, I used to be a reckless teenager too." The old lady says with a shaky voice, eyeing both of us. 

"Oh. Um, that's cool." I say awkwardly, as the elevator begins to go up. I can still hear Steph giggling next to me, so I lightly nudge her with my arm.

"Those were the good old days." She shakes her head and smiles, a sweet old lady smile. "Just make sure you use protection young man." She points her shaky finger at me, just as the door opens and she walks out.

It stays silent between the two of us as the door slowly closes again. When it's fully shut, me and Steph burst out into laughing. When we finally get to our floor, I drag her out of the elevator and head down the empty hall to the room. She tries to keep up with me, but then eventually stops in the middle of the hall to take off her high heels. She's been complaining about them all night. I don't even understand why girls feel the need to wear them if they hurt their feet so bad. On second thought, I don't even understand girls in general. 

"Matt." She whines, still stopped in the middle of the hall. I stand a few feet away from her and just watch as she slowly takes each shoe off. "I don't have anything to sleep in." She stands up straight and looks down at the beautiful white dress she's wearing. Oh, and it's strapless. Which makes me love it even more.

"Don't worry." I smirk, "You won't need to sleep in anything. Trust me."

...

I hope you're all really liking this! I still have no idea how I'm gonna end this, but don't worry I still find a way to continue on :) PLEASE GO READ MY OTHER BOOK AND COMMENT/VOTE!

xx