Chapter 2

I don't know how long I sat around the loft but after what felt like forever, I made my way down and sat on the couch to read a book. Another way I escape from reality. You couldn't ask me how many times I've read The Maze Runner books, because it was a lot. I loved the story so much and cried when characters died even though I knew it was going to happen. My books are important to me just like my sketchbook.

It hadn't been more than an hour of me embracing the silence when the door opened and in walked Julie. I haven't seen her for a few years but shes still as beautiful as I remembered her to be, just like her mom. They looked similar.

The eldest Molina had a sad look on her face which turned even worse as she looked at me.

"Hey dad told me what happened. I'm so sorry about Landon. I know how important he was to you," she says walking over to sit beside me. I moved my feet to make room for her. She gave me a sad smile.

"Yeah it's heartbreaking but I'm sorry about your mom. I would've given my condolences and showed up to the funeral but I just found out today," I tell her before leaning forward pulling her into a hug. Maybe we can help eachother pick up the broken pieces of our hearts.

I pulled away first and reached into my bag taking out a flowery notebook and handing it to the girl with a smile.

"Um this belonged to your mom, I found it at the house hoping to give it back to her but under the circumstances you should have it. There's some songs in there," I say as she opened the book, caressing the pages as she looked through it. Then closing it, she hugged it tightly to her chest as if never wanting to let it go.

"Thanks Sam, it's great to see you again," she says with a genuine smile. Something she probably hasn't done for awhile.

"It's no trouble Jules, it's great to see you too. Maybe us coming back into each other's lives will be a good thing after all that's happened. A bright light at the end of the tunnel of pain," I state giving her a smile.

It was quiet for sometime before she spoke up again "Well since you'll be staying in here until we move. Would you like to help me sort this place out? Since you were close to my mom too," she asks with a hopeful look and I nodded. It's the least I could do.

She went up to the loft and began sifting through stuff while I cleaned up things in the main part of the studio. Soon Julie came back down with a box that must've been her mom's stuff. She pulled out a cd and placed it inside the player. She plopped down on the couch as a really dope song began blasting through the speakers.

However after a few seconds of the song there was screaming and soon three boys materialized in front of us. I knew right away that they were ghosts however they were far more solid than the ones I've seen. Usually ghosts are transparent. Why are these ones different?

Having seen stuff like this everyday, I wasn't scared at all but Julie doesn't know about my gift so she screams before getting up and dashing out of the studio, leaving me to deal with these ghosts.

I took a look at them for a moment trying to figure somethings out. They were looking back at me with just as much curiousity. I took in their appearances, and they were definitely cuter than most of the ghosts I encounter.

"How come you're not freaked out but us?" The boy with the cute shaggy hair asks walking towards me as I placed a guitar on one of the stands.

I smiled at him "I have the ability to see ghosts on the other side. You guys however are way cuter that the ghosts I normally deal with," I state plopping down on the couch, resting my feet on the table.

"She thinks we are cute," the one with the leather jacket says just as the guy in the pink hoodie steps forward.

"What do you mean by dealing with ghosts?" He asks shyly and I could just tell he was gay, which is adorable.

"I help ghosts who wanna crossover. They always seem to seek me out," I say picking my book back up and continuing where I left off.

"Well I'm Luke," cute haired boy says.

"I'm Reggie," leather jacket guy says.

"And I'm Alex," pink hoodie guy says introducing themselves.

I dog earred my page before looking up at them "I'm Samarah,".......