Chapter 11

The guys looked like a deer caught in headlights as Julie waited for them to answer her question. Well Alex didn't since he just got here. We stood shoulder to shoulder, watching the scene that was about to unfold.

"Reggie and I have made a beat to one of your poems," Luke says hiding behind Julie's crush, not that she'd admit it. But Alex, Luke and I have noticed the way they look at eachother. It was how I looked at chocolate.

"You did what? Where did you find that," Julie screamed rushing forward trying to chase after Luke.

"Definitely not your dream box," Luke states dashing around the piano for protection.

"Well it was nice knowing them," I whispered to Alex who chuckled, shaking his head.

"BOUNDARIES!! YOU CANT JUST SNOOP THROUGH MY STUFF!" Julie yelled as Luke handed Reggie the paper and he bolted around the studio trying to avoid Julie's wrath.

"Might as well kick back Al, this is going to go one for awhile. Should've made popcorn," I joked plopping down on the couch, Alex joining me after a few seconds.

Together we observed Julie chasing the two ghosts around the studio, screaming as they tried hiding. It was only after about twenty minutes that they locked themselves in the bathroom by ghosting through the closed door. However that didn't stop Julie from banging on the door furiously.

"This is better than Saturday cartoons," I say as Alex and I became entangled together from having fits of laughter to the point where we toppled onto the floor. Landing in a heap of fabric and giggles.

Hearing our commotion, Julie left her spot by the door as Luke and Reggie came back into the room. Looks of amusement of their faces as Alex and I soon began rolling on the floor, laughing our lungs out.

"I think we broke them," Reggie says as we both calmed down, trying to regulate our breathing. It felt great to laugh, after everything I've been through this last week.

After a few minutes we were back to normal as Luke began showing Julie what he and Reggie came up with for her poem.

"I wrote that about Flynn after she helped me through all the stuff with mom, but now she hates me," Julie states with slumped shoulders, genuinely upset over how her best friend was acting. I felt bad for her but its not like she could tell Flynn that the guys were in fact ghosts.

She then left the studio, not wanting to cry in front of us. Although Alex and I would happily comfort her and try cheering her up.

"You should see the poem, she's really talented," Reggie says ushering Alex and I over to where he stood by the piano. I glanced down at the paper reading the words that described how much Flynn meant to Julie and I couldn't help but smile as I sang one of the lines.

My life, my life would be real low
Zero, flying solo

I dragged out the o slightly at the end as the boys smiled "That was perfect Sammie," Luke says causing me to blush at the nickname even though many people called me that or Sam.

They began adding to the melody, this time with Alex on his drums and after a few minutes Julie came back into the studio asking if we could help her make Flynn believe that they were ghosts instead of holograms. That was when we all began perfecting the song, it sounded great.

~~~

After a half hour went by Julie opened the studio where Flynn was standing. She explained that we were going to play a song that we helped write music for. Then Flynn joked about saying that she wanted us to go back and practice until we're 100% ready. She even went as far as pointing at thin air, trying to get her point across.

They both came inside where Reggie asked Julie to move Flynn because he didn't feel comfortable walking through her.

"Boy when you create a world you really live in it," Flynn states before Julie pushed her into the chair. It was then that I decided to prove that they weren't holograms and walked over to Alex placing my chin on his head as he sat behind the drums.

Flynn's eyes widened as Alex appeared out of thin air "You remember Alex right? My gay king," I asked and she nodded as I walked over to Reggie, leaning slightly on him.

"This is Reggie, aka the guy who really reminds me of Kevin Jonas," I say then made my way over to Luke coming up behind him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"And this good ball is Luke, aka the guy who likes to tick off Julie," I say causing Julie to giggle from behind the keyboard.

Then with that done and over with. I took my spot on the mic beside Luke's as Julie began tapping the beat into the music pad, then looped it as she played on the piano. The guys coming in as she finished the first verse, scaring the crap out of Flynn. I provided backup since this was Julie's song for Flynn.

If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep-dish
Guess that means some things they never

They never change
We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

Yeah, you know who I'm likin' way before I liked them, duh
'Cause you liked them first
And if somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too

That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work
It will never change
We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
You

Flynn danced around with Julie as we all sang which was adorable, however Luke's eyes never left mine as we belted our hearts out. At the end of the song it was established that Julie and I were going to be apart of then band. And that's how our band started....