Chapter 13

By the time we finished singing both our faces were bright red. Of course we had no idea that it was a love song, or at least I didn't.

"Did you write that song?" I asked looking up at him and he shakes his head.

"No, I thought you wrote it," he exclaims and I sigh.

"No, I write poems from time to time but never thought about putting them to music," I admit getting up from my place on the piano. It was then at I noticed three people peeking though the window, out of the corner of my eye.

"I think we have an audience," I state looking over at the nosey people who ducked down as if I didn't see them.

Just then Luke poofs out only to be followed up by Julie screaming, once again being scared from them ghosting all over the place.

"Stop doing that," Julie yelled and I heard it through the closed door.

"Well you were the one preaching about boundaries which we've all learned to deal with, yet here you are spying on us. I'll poof in whenever I want to," Luke rebuttals which made me laugh. He wasn't wrong Julie was ranting about boundaries, so it wasn't right for her to spy, not that I was mad at them, at least they didn't barge in.

They all came in and began discussing possible song ideas but I was back to drawing since it eased my mind. It didn't take much for me to get lost in my art and wasn't aware of what was going on until I was brought out of my daydream.

"Is that Landon?" The voice of Alex says causing me to look up. They were all standing in front of me, gazing down at my drawing. Looking back at the paper to see that I did in fact draw my brother.

"Yeah, sorry I don't really pay attention to reality when I'm drawing, it's like my hands take over," I explained with a giggle.

"It's incredible, you should see what she drew earlier," Luke says picking up the drawing of the band off the table showing it to them.

"That is amazing Sammie," Alex says running his finger across the page.

"Yeah you captured the moment perfectly," Reggie says with a goofy smile.

"Thanks," I say my cheek going red, it was rare of people besides mom and Landon to compliment my drawings.

"Anyway we'd like your input on some lyrics for the song we're working on," Julie says walking back over to the piano. She began playing a melody and for some reason lyrics flowed out of me, as if by magic.

Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us

I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no

Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way

I sang the words that popped into my head, it wasn't a whole song but it surly was a start. Everyone one was smiling and hopped on their instruments as I sang. We really sounded good and I was proud.

"Where did those lyrics come from, you were like a wrecking ball," Luke says bouncing around like a hyped up kid. Making Alex shake his head, which caused his hair to fall in his face.

"I'm not sure really, they just came to me," I say with a shrug and noticed that Alex had written the lyrics down.

We fooled around some more, adding to the rest of the song. Everyone had agreed on naming it Edge of great because it was the perfect name. It was nightfall now and we were tired from developing the song so it was decided that we'd watch a movie.

So I connected my laptop to a projector and cast it on the bare wall, then I loaded up my Disney plus. I was scrolling through when all of a sudden Reggie gasps.

"They made more star wars???" He exclaims looking at the star wars tab that was in my recommended franchises on the main page.

"Um yeah there's nine now in the main franchise but there's also 2 companion movies, as well as a tv show called the Mandalorian. Plus various cartoons for it," Julie states causing Reggie to freak out, mostly because when he died there had been only 3, the prequels not being made until a few years after his death.

"Maybe we shouldn't tell him about this stuff. Besides he's gonna hate the last three movies of the series," I reply hoping Reg would drop the subject so I could pick a movie. However he didn't.

"Why??? What happened??? Please tell me I wanna know," he blurts out in a fit of curiosity and Julie and I share a look before nodding.

I sigh "Han Solo gets killed by his own son, the only great thing about the last movies is the story line but also the adorable porg creatures," his eyes widened as I say this, and eyes filled with water as well as shock.

"They made 8 more star wars films and they killed off Han Solo. What kind of future is this?" He whines hugging a pillow for moral support.

Just then Luke leans over and whispers in my ear "Please don't mention Jar Jar. I found out a few days ago and didn't have the heart to tell him," his breath tickled my skin, making me giggle before going back to picking a movie.

In the end I decided to go with Brother Bear because I loved that movie so much. Everyone became annoyed as I recited every line and belted out the songs for dramatic effect.

Tell everybody I'm on my way, new friends and new places to see
With the sun in the sky, yes I'm on way and there is no place I'd rather be

I say along to my favorite song from the movie, my other one being Great Spirits. It was then that I noticed that everyone fell asleep which was a bummer because they will miss the ending.

When the movie ended I ended up falling asleep with my head rested on Luke's shoulder. My legs were in Reggie's lap, with Alex 's head in my lap. Julie had her head on my shoulder. I hoped Ray didn't come in here in the morning, because then we'd have some weird explaining to do......

Hey everyone I hope you're having a lovely day. What do you think of the new cover for this book. It was made by the lovely WHORV06  be sure to check out her books. Also I recently found out that Charlie was born in a city an hour from where I was born. We are both proud New Brunswickers, and Canadians. Anyway hope you are enjoying the book and thanks for reading.

Bailey